Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #133 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

Diecast model, and not one I'd spend much money on either :o

I do think that car would look good as a high dollar hot rod though! Slight drop, dark lower color to hide the panel lines, more modern 18"-22" rims, maybe stretch the cabin some for longer doors front and rear.............................. B)

Edited by Joe Handley

Mike-O, BE GENTLE!!! If you wake him TOO QUICKLY he MIGHT throw the alarm clark at you!!! just whisper in his ear...... WAKE UP HARRYYYY!!!!!!! Then duck down at the side of the bed, that way when he swings ,it'll be OVER yer head an he'll miss ya!!! That's how I usedta wake up my Big Brudder Art! Worked EVERY time!!! But YES your right, It IS time for our RoM reveal, so Harry, Get to it, Caz WE KNOW you can DO IT!!!! Wat it gom bees lak Harry??? We's waitin, WooF!!!laugh.gifwink.gif

Would you feel better about it if I told you it sells for less than 40 bucks???

Doesn't mean much to me, I don't "do" 1/18th...and honestly a lot of people don't know what to really look for on these...you definitely chose the only photograph of the model that could be interpreted as 1:1. You did good, it wasn't exactly a landslide ;)

Guest promodmerc

Would you feel better about it if I told you it sells for less than 40 bucks???

No because that thing is still ugly no matter how cheap or how expensive happy0188.gif

Well, that just goes to show how "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," I guess... because I think that's one of the coolest cars of the 30s! cool.gif

And I'm as old as you Harry...gotta agree with Dann-O...that thing is Butt Uglyblink.gif

Guest promodmerc

And I'm as old as you Harry...gotta agree with Dann-O...that thing is Butt Uglyblink.gif

Let's play dis the car.

That car is so ugly that in order to air up it's tire you have to sneak up on the air hose. ;)

Edited by promodmerc

Yeah, after I thought about it I figgered it was. To sloppily redone for a REAL car. At least I would not have been satisfied with THAT resto job. Good work Kahuna! Keep them bad boys on they toes!!!laugh.gifwink.gif

Yea, for a Pierce-Arrow, that would be a pretty poor build job, I'd be pissed off if that was real, and I was the owner that had paid money for that restoration job!

Edited by Joe Handley

This is a case of appreciation . This car was wowed and hotley desired when the 3 or 5 were handbuilt . Pierce Arrow just couldn't make these into production . Neither did the Ruxton . Compare it to contempary vehicles . It was sensational . Up into the early '60's this car (the few that remained from the few that were made) fit in with vehicles of the day . Maybe stood out from the crowd with the tall wheels/tires . Then came the Magnificent Turkey . It wowed them too . Then the Auburn 851 Supercharged , wow ! Then the Cord 810 & 812 , another wower or two . All this in your conception of what you are looking at . I enjoy this car and the others I mentioned . Thank you Harry Thanx ..