Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

You are making excellent progress. Fantastic job on that rear end! Following you all the way. :)

Kevin

thanks Kevin

seriously the ammoutn of detail you achieve and the overall build quality is just a bit plessure to watch / folow !!

just :wub:

thanks Richard

The sad part is you're going to paint over all that beautiful brass .. but it will still look spectacular I'm sure! :)

Hey Mike, I hope it turns out ok,a lot of work done for nothing if it doesn't, thanks

Absolutely awesome Bill! The craftsmanship is unbelievable. :o

hi Marshall, thanks so much

Excellent progress, Bill! Keep it up. By the way, you have a PM.

hey Dirk, all appreciate you stopping in, thank you

This is just madness!! Incredible work!

thanks Fred

So Bill, you gonna' be happy with that plastic body after all that brass chassis and aluminum engine, or you gonna' redo that too? :D

Paul, that is still up in the air, I will do what I can with the body, my lack of experience will have a lot to do with the final product

W O W !

thanks Tony

Wow! I literally find myself at a lose of words. Just amazing.

Quick Question: When it comes to the Mini Mills, what do you want to look out for? I did some research just to see the price basis and, to me, $200+ is out of the question if I'm only using it for Models. Am I looking at the wrong equipment?

Bill, when you put the rear end in like this how did you come up with the location for the shock mounts to make sure if they are in the right spot with out the mounts on the frame? Why i'm asking is to see if there is an easy'er way of doing it compare to what I been doing on the frame first and then to the rear end.

Hi Bill,

I came across your build, while searching for what exactly, I forgot, lol, on Google. I read all 44 pages and signed up, just to congratulate you on an awesome, jawdrop.gif build.

I have never, ever seen anything so amazing, especially in this scale. if you have a chance to show us, how you did some of your machining, as part of a tutorial, that would be amazing, if it is not asking too much. I am a Mopar fan and to see a Hemi engineered like this is beyond words

Looking forward to further updates

Ken

Hard to beleive Bill usually only builds snap kits......

Just kidding, Bill's work is off the meter. If you stumbeled on this site, hang around. Theres some amazing talent on here. What some of our members do with brass & plastic is incredible.

BTW: Having another Mopar guy around here isn't a bad thing. Welcome aboard!

Wow! I literally find myself at a lose of words. Just amazing.

Quick Question: When it comes to the Mini Mills, what do you want to look out for? I did some research just to see the price basis and, to me, $200+ is out of the question if I'm only using it for Models. Am I looking at the wrong equipment?

hi James, this stuff can be done on any mill, big or small, and yes its gonna be well over 200+, even if some one gave you the mill, you will have more than that in accessories to use it, not a cheap hobby by any means! thanks

I have no words that can describe the work i'm seeing here! I think i'll go back to the remedial class. :lol:

lol, thanks so much Kevin

What do you use to apply the heat for your soldering? Is it a soldering iron or torch or do you have a resistance setup?

Curt I use a butane torch and a soldering gun, I don't have a resistance setup, they are a little pricey for me, thanks for the interest

Bill, when you put the rear end in like this how did you come up with the location for the shock mounts to make sure if they are in the right spot with out the mounts on the frame? Why i'm asking is to see if there is an easy'er way of doing it compare to what I been doing on the frame first and then to the rear end.

hey Chas, there are several different types of four link set ups, it all depends on what you want, this being a street car, and I want it to look like a Cuda that has been back halved rather than a full blown drag chassis, the four bar brackets all the way back to the shocks are all in line with the frame rails, directly under them from the front brackets back to the coil overs, hope this helps, thanks bro

Are you kidding me? This car is one He.. Of a model.

thanks Steve

everything is looking so great, Bill, that maybe you should consider making a flipper out of it. That way, all you fantastic work would be able to be seen with the body hinged up.

hi Jim, gonna stick with a street car, there will be plenty of pics to look at when I display it, maybe next time, love the old floppers! thanks Jim