Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag radials and turbos

Ma's is the best choice on the tires. I have a couple sets and they are fabulous. The other person wanted 40.00 a set when I asked because they are 3d printed rubber. No thanks. Because I have received an overwhelming number of requests for turbos, I may be doing a special run of the "x-large" size next month sometime. I will make a post when they are available, so be kind to my inbox. For the record, I stopped doing resin over a year ago because it took too much time away from my personal projects. I now only do resin for myself lol ... but on special occasion I will make some stuff for other folks.

No more resin?? Bummer. There's been some activity requesting turbo's and I keep mentioning your name. I sold some rat rod seats to a guy in England and he wants turbo's. If you have any interest, PM a real email address to me and I'll get it to Patrick - or I can provide you with Patrick's email.

For the record, I stopped doing resin over a year ago because it took too much time away from my personal projects. I now only do resin for myself lol ... but on special occasion I will make some stuff for other folks.

Two lessons learned here:

1. When a hobby becomes a job, it can take the fun out of it.

2. When you see something in resin, get it while you can because the source can dry up without notice.

Shucky, I commend you for realizing that resin casting was consuming your time and you had to prioritize things. While some might not understand that, I do and know that some things are more important than others.

Best of luck!

The smaller (275-60x15) , the bigger ones (325-50x15) All cast in soft rubber.

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

Mike (Shucky) is right about not having any personal time when you get into casting. I reached that point quite a while ago but decided to push on as I hate to turn a fellow modeller away. However.....at this time I will take drag radial orders but not take any other new orders until I'm caught up & finish the masters for the cars I've been working on. I enjoy the challenges of mastering/casting but have run out of spare time & need to replenish my supply. :wacko: