Model Cars Magazine Forum

The anonymous NNL

jdcar32

For the life of me I have not been able to find a dedicated web site or descriptive information regarding the "NNL". Where is it, who is it, does it have officers, treasurers, what does "NNL" stand for, can I join, etc, etc. I see contests billed as "NNL style", what is NNL style? NNl regional and national events draw large numbers of quality participants but I never see the events posted for pre-registration.I'd like to know more about it's history too.

Jon, read the thread above that Chuck Most has posted. That will give you the origins. The original NNL was held in the Toledo, Ohio area and still is held each November, in Sylvania, Ohio. It is a club run event for over 30 years running. The second NNL was NNL East. The Tri-State Scale Model Car Club president, the late John Slivoski, attended the Toledo event and envisioned holding a similar meet in New Jersey. He asked and was granted permission. Thus, NNL East was born and is in it's 27th year. There are other club run NNL style shows around the country. Different organizing clubs have changed the format a bit to suit themselves. There is a MidAtlantic NNL in Maryland, NNL West in California and several more around the country. No one group is in charge of them. The whole idea of NNL is it's informal and not a contest. More people do come out and display more models since it's fun to show your work without the pressure of judging. It's all about sharing models and making friends. To show you a bit about an NNL, go to the www.nnleast.com website. There's links to photos of the past shows that will give you the flavor of what happens there.

Jon, There is the Atlanta NNL as also know'n is the Southern NNL, Then you have the CKM NNL in NC down in your area. I think you would like this kind of show as like Tom said, it's more of an open show and just to see what every one is working on and plus a lot of the guys cars that you see in the magazine's also show up to them so people can learn from them.