Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back on the Bench! CBP

Jantrix

I have two that were put away before summer - i'll dig these ones out and finish - well, at least, work on them - before I start something else.

1964 330

IMG_4445.jpg

1960 Bluebird

DSCF0106.jpg

This thread should be able to go on forever - does anybody NOT have a stalled build?

Edited by Coyotehybrids

This thread should be able to go on forever - does anybody NOT have a stalled build?

Yep, I didn't bother with an end date. If this gets so big as to be an issue to Gregg or Harry, we'll work something out then. But so far responce has been luke-warm. I'll keep it going though.

Stalled builds, hmmm? I've got a few that fit into this category...

1936 Ford, Monogram 1:24 scale bashed together with the Boyd Smoothster. MCG LaSalle grille, RMCM DuVall windshield. I have the bodywork about done, but haven't started priming yet.

AMT '49 Ford coupe- Chop done (beautifully, if I do say so myself), side trim removed, and wheelwells radiused. Still trying to decide whether to do it shiny or suede. Still needs some filler and bodywork before primer.

AMT '51 Chevy coupe- Top chopped, rear fenders extended, Modelhaus Buick grille. Very rough at this point- probably a few months' worth of work to get it finished.

I'm probably going to pick up the '49 Ford for this CBP. I've been wanting to do something in a satin metallic and this might be the perfect build for that- I'll think I'll start playing around with this as soon as I'm done with my custom Avanti.

Shawn there is no start date and no end date. You can join anytime and I'll keep it running until Gregg says "enough".

I can scratch this one off my list - "Revell SSR post-apoc. desert runner".

My sixteen year old son wants to build a zombie apocalypse car and when I showed him the SSR he said "perfect!".

So now it's his problem. I'm kind of glad because I really wasn't that jazzed on the project anyway.

ONWARD!

Edited by Jantrix

Well since I've got quite the list myself, here goes nothing.

'71 Hemi 'Cuda resto mod

'64 Dodge 330 (replica of a friends drag car)

'71 Dodge Charger (stock)

'66 Chevelle wagon pro street

'70 1/2 Camaro G-machine?

'66 Nova pro street

Shelby Cobra 427 S/C

'70's-'80's Late model camaro dirt track car

I think that should do it. I don't want to get to far ahead of myself, AGAIN. lol

Edited by hotrodblder

Yep, I didn't bother with an end date. If this gets so big as to be an issue to Gregg or Harry, we'll work something out then. But so far responce has been luke-warm. I'll keep it going though.

Well by its very nature you are dealing with projects that for one reason or another have not been progressing. I have been getting a little work done, hope to get some photos up later tonight or tommorrow.

Luna and Chuck, thanks I have made a little progress on the T and Lancia, so will have more to show.

I'll join in, haven't had a whole lot of time to build over the summer. Here's a few I have going right now. The Viper is the only one I've really messed with lately. Citadel Boltgun metal, Polyscale Reefer white stripes.

HPIM4747.jpg

HPIM4748.jpg

HPIM4749.jpg

Gonna try to get the Cutlass done before the end of the year for a project build.

Oh, and these. The bagged kits are the old Indy hall of fame models, the Rutherford car just hit the floor and needs put back together. I believe there's a P-40 and a 109 in the stash I've started too. I'm mainly concentrating on the Viper and Cutlass right now.

HPIM4750.jpg

I don't see how a thread getting too big would be an issue- a healthy thread means a healthy forum, right? B)

Well I'm not much for taking pics DURRING my builds to show things off a bit, but here goes.

Here are a few teaser pics of what I have been able to get done so far.

The tabs to help mount the C5R rear suspension.

PICT0013-1.jpg

The rear end mocked up.

PICT0014-1.jpg

And a couple mocked up with the wheels and how she'll hopfully set after i get the front end figured out. OH, and the "body kit" I threw on there, too.

PICT0015-1.jpg

PICT0016-1.jpg

Let me know what you think.

The Birds lookin crazy smooth Greg, very nice work! Your Maro is coming along nicely Shawn, love the body mods! Did finally get the body glossed. I redid the gunmetal and stripes with Citadel Boltgun, and Polyscale Reefer white. Both paints are nice to work with, although the polyscale stuff mixed with distilled water seemed to crack, but it sprayed good. The Citadel layed down real good. Think I'll be using it more in the future...speaking of future...that's what I cleared with.

HPIM4754.jpg

HPIM4755.jpg

After taking the pics, I'm gonna make some inserts for my paint booth to take pics. Just can't get enough light off of florescent bulbs.