Model Cars Magazine Forum

'73 Chevrolet Chevelle- Mastered by Tom Ellifritt

• 2 weeks later...

todays update....i have landed a set of windows & began casting parts that tom needs, they could be done at the end of the week!

we are in need ofthe revell 77 monte carlo interior door panesl in excellent shape if anyone can help!

thanks

I sent it priority mail over two weeks ago. I just can't remember if I sent them to you or to Tom. I think it might have been Tom since he was the one who private messaged me. I'll see if I can recall the deleted message.

Edited by MAGNUM4342

I sent it priority mail over two weeks ago. I just can't remember if I sent them to you or to Tom. I think it might have been Tom since he was the one who private messaged me. I'll see if I can recall the deleted message.

Sorry, everyone! I have the door panels from Magnum. I really need to check back more often. As Kevin said, I'm waiting on a few parts. All is proceeding smoothly.

Sorry, everyone! I have the door panels from Magnum. I really need to check back more often. As Kevin said, I'm waiting on a few parts. All is proceeding smoothly.

Whew! Dang it Tom, I have enough stress without worrying about the stuff I mail out! :lol: As Ozzy Osbourne once told Kelly "Write me a note!" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm scratchbuilding the grille currently. The horizontal bars stick out a bit further than the vertical bars, so nothing I had would work. Also, this way we get the correct amount of squares. Missing Link has been a huge help and supporter of this project.

Edited by Repstock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is the grille going to be molded "open" or "closed", as shown?

Closed. Since the horizontal bars stick out a bit further than the vertical ones, I had to make the grille rather than use a parts box item. This was the only way to get it to look half way decent. I've done open ones before, but not with a pattern this fine. It probably also helps the caster to have it closed.