Model Cars Magazine Forum

Working Rear Shocks and Driveshaft with articulated U-joints

Scale-Master

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally have something more to share.

The interior is pretty close to being finished as is the engine compartment.

The nose is done and has the cloisonne Lotus emblem bolted on. (It is still a Caterham...)

Also made a velcro fastened hide-a-key for the fender...

The wheels are done and accessorized with Lotus center caps, (7 sided) and Super 7 valve caps...

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

Thanks all. It figures that you would like the color Ismael, it's '96 Corvette Grand Sport Admiral Blue, it's touch up paint from my real car.

I've been building this one for about 30 months. I have friends with real ones, they are a blast, but I'm not sure I want a real one in my stable, at least not right now.

But it would a lot quicker just to build a real one from the kit than building models this way...

If it were real, I could finally test drive it. Dirtied up the real wheel wells just a bit, keeps it in line with the rest of the build, clean but driven. Also made the hex head bolts for the fenders, had Phillips head screws holding together before.

The nose fits correctly, the hood is just loosely placed on it for the photos. It fits, but takes more time than I wanted to put into it at this time, so that's why it looks a bit askew. (Didn't want to loose the sun...) More to come...

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

I have been following this build silently but it's time to express my sheer amazement with your skill and talent. You have created a miniture car so close to real it is truly one of a kind. Kudo's on your work and look forward to seeing more.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely amazing......

I have looked through your recent threads and am amazed at the detail....Looking for ideas and inspiration for my Pocher Testarossa....

Is there anywhere I can see all the build of this Super Seven....and maybe more inspirational work...

Thanks....

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing the red one in person at the IPMS nats, when they were held in OKC a couple of years ago. This one make that one seem like a toy. Which is saying a lot, cause the red one just blew my mind when I saw it. This is just incredible!! Especially, watching it come together!!!