Model Cars Magazine Forum

MY VERY FIRST MODEL IS DONE :]]]]

Emily

Great first build, but you must be very careful now.....Just like cigarettes, there should be a Surgeons General warning on each kit box….â€warning model building has been shown to be addictive, habit forming and dangerous to your weekly disposable incomeâ€â€¦Oh what the Hey, keep it up anyway. Great first effort.

• 2 months later...

Great job.. my first kit, i had glue all over the windows.. Very impressive.

As for your next kit, I just go by what grabs my attention, which is usually more than one... I'm sure everyone on here can say that they have a small or large collection of kits stashed away somewhere... But keep us updated with whatever you choose. :angry:

Emily -

That is one fine first model! It took me a long time to get my stuff looking anywhere near that nice. Keep it up - just like everything else - the more you do it the better you get!

I'm not sure how old you are, but on a related note -

I met a couple not long ago that came together in college because they realised each one of them build model Corvettes as children while growing up. They are both Doctors now and own a collection of 1:1 Corvettes.

everything i'd want to say for praise has already been said.

my first model was the old chevy lumina nascar.. the dupont jeff gordon vehicle, which was a level 3. apparently i was a little ambitious! my paint job was terribad. mix between terrible and bad.

your model looks absolutely amazing for a first one.

as a tip, when you get your next model, i have learned a pretty good technique to get all the wheels straight. What i'd do is place the model on it's side with the body not attached yet, and balance the chassis between two heavier objects so that way it stays straight while the glue dries.

here's an example of what i mean:

DSC02023.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

i would love to see more builds!!!