Model Cars Magazine Forum

1923 Bugatti Type 32

curt raitz

Curt, beautiful job! Great scratch building. I have to say, I don't find this car very attractive, but you can't understate the significance of this vehicle and your recreation of it. Excellent work and I am sure you are proud of it. I know I love to "put down on the table" a build that is unique, obviously you do to...congrat's on a great job. I have to agree with Harry, it looks like it should be going, rather than coming (you know, the rear looks more like the front should look.) Very Impressive!

Curt, beautiful job! Great scratch building. I have to say, I don't find this car very attractive, but you can't understate the significance of this vehicle and your recreation of it. Excellent work and I am sure you are proud of it. I know I love to "put down on the table" a build that is unique, obviously you do to...congrat's on a great job. I have to agree with Harry, it looks like it should be going, rather than coming (you know, the rear looks more like the front should look.) Very Impressive!

As Colin Chapman proved later with his ground affects Lotus 78...this car is facing the right direction - it's just upside down :unsure:

Oh, I don't find this car attractive at all :blink: ...just a wee bit rustic and different

:unsure: do not think I'd wanna be the mechanic riding in this thing when it got to going o'er 115 mph B)

Curt, you are a machine! Fantastic build. I didn't even know about this one until I saw your 2009 completions! This is just too cool. Definitely something that will stick out in any collection. Man, you really know how to do them.

Always fun seeing what you build next!

Chris

Obviously whoever came up with Vittore was trying to come up with Ettore. He had one brother who was named Rembrandt Bugatti. Yes, that is true. THE famous artist Rembrandt was a family friend of Carlo Bugatti, the father of Ettore and Rembrandt. Carlo was an artist and designer of some note himself. A lot of his furniture pieces are in Museums around the world. Rembrandt Bugatti was a sculptor, mostly of animal figurines and was very talented. He committed suicide near age 30 or so right after WWI.

Jean (short for Gianoberto) Bugatti, Ettore's older son, was the really talented one. He designed all the swoopy, sexy cars in the 30s like the Atlantic Coupe and the T50 Semi-Surprofilee like the Heller kit. Take a look at the 2 different Italieri/Testors Royale kits -The yellow and black one is Ettore, the swoopy blue and black one is Jean. He convinced Ettore to accept superchargers and go to DOHC engines. He was killed in 1939 testing the T57 Lemans car on a road near the factory. That was tragic on many levels. Beyond the immediate loss to his family, one can only imagine what he could have done for the rest of his life. He was only in his 30s!

Obviously whoever came up with Vittore was trying to come up with Ettore. He had one brother who was named Rembrandt Bugatti. Yes, that is true. THE famous artist Rembrandt was a family friend of Carlo Bugatti, the father of Ettore and Rembrandt. Carlo was an artist and designer of some note himself. A lot of his furniture pieces are in Museums around the world. Rembrandt Bugatti was a sculptor, mostly of animal figurines and was very talented. He committed suicide near age 30 or so right after WWI.

Jean (short for Gianoberto) Bugatti, Ettore's older son, was the really talented one. He designed all the swoopy, sexy cars in the 30s like the Atlantic Coupe and the T50 Semi-Surprofilee like the Heller kit. Take a look at the 2 different Italieri/Testors Royale kits -The yellow and black one is Ettore, the swoopy blue and black one is Jean. He convinced Ettore to accept superchargers and go to DOHC engines. He was killed in 1939 testing the T57 Lemans car on a road near the factory. That was tragic on many levels. Beyond the immediate loss to his family, one can only imagine what he could have done for the rest of his life. He was only in his 30s!

I love to read about auto history. Very cool post Andy, of history on the Bugatti's family and cars. One of my all-time favorite names in auto design.

Thanks ;) .