Model Cars Magazine Forum

Time Machine Resin 1970 Charger R/T transkit

For those of you that did not make it to NNL East and see it up close and personal, Jeff Watlington of Time Machine Resin has updated his 1970 Charger R/T transkit to include the correct stock interior tub, dash, and front seats. For donor kits, use any AMT/Ertl (MPC) '69 Charger kit (Daytona, 500, Dukes of Hazzard) for a drop on chassis or, for better detail, you can adapt AMT/Ertl's 68 Road Runner or Revell's '69 Charger chassis. Alclad Chrome the bumpers and you're on your way.

TMR's casting are very nice, always done in white resin with very little (if any) flash, and I have yet to see any imperfections on any casting I have bought from them. Here's a shot of the parts:

70chargerkit2larver.jpg

TMR's web site is at http://www.timemachineresin.bravehost.com.

• 2 weeks later...

too bad i bought mine before he started adding the interior. are the door panels accurate? i used the revell '69 charger for the donor kit. i smoothed out the door panels and added the correct chrome trim; only problem is the seats arent correct. the only thing i had to do to the body was put a little bit of a curve in the hood to make it match up with the tops of the fenders. its still a wip but its turning out to be one of my favorite build ups. i also built a 71 challenger r/t from time machine; it came with all of the interior and was extremely well done. they definately do quality work.

• 1 month later...
are the door panels accurate?

Yes, they are.

I'm working on one these days as well. I'm using the AMT Rice and the Ridiculous '70, and the R-M '69 for donor kits.

Dirty j, if yours is still in progress, you might want to contact Jeff about getting the correct interior. Knowing the kind of guy he is, he'd probably be willing to work something out with you.

I have several TMR transkits and parts- for those of you who are wondering, the quality is always very good, and the prices always quite reasonable. The turnaround time is always good, too. We hear so much bashing of resin casters for not getting stuff to people fast enough, but Jeff is always good with service.

Now, I'm certainly pumping up TMR, and as you read what I'm saying, you should know that I consider Jeff to be a personal friend. BUT, also know this- I formed these opinions as a customer, before we became friends.

Brian, I have to agree.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff face to face for the first time at this year's NNL East. Jeff's a good guy - I remember how much I really enjoyed that first long conversation we had a couple years back via e-mail, and the first face to face one a few weeks back. His products are consistently good, well cast, and high quality. I'm particularly impressed with his A-body droptop conversions (the '67 Goat and the '67 Chevelle).

Dirty j, e-mail Jeff and ask if he'll sell you the interior separately.

I'll post some pics of my completed '70 Hemi Charger when it's had its turn on the project table.

They have good stuff...I just got the '70 Charger in the mail yesterday. I have an MPC original built stock, so this one will be done Pro-Tuning style...I'm thinking Viper V10 or a 6.1 Hemi SRT V8, Aoshima wheels, maybe use the chassis from an AMT '68 RR.