Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius '54 Hudsons

• 2 weeks later...

'54 Hudson should arriving in hobby stores later this week. Photo from Tom Carters site.
Um, I thought this was to have the factory style wire wheels???

HUDSON%201954%20HORNET%20CLUB%20COUPE%20

Edited by Jon Cole

'54 Hudson should arriving in hobby stores later this week. Photo from Tom Carters site.

Um, I thought this was to have the factory style wire wheels???

HUDSON%201954%20HORNET%20CLUB%20COUPE%20

I've not yet seen the production chrome tree(s) but it is quite possible that the wire wheels might be an added option in the coupe kit. Of course, yet to come (later this year) will be the Hornet Special Club Sedan, so we shall see.

Art

I wish I could say I'm getting one just to support Moebius' great job on all their kits, but this is just a plain ugly boring car .. consider why they went out of business! I just don't know what I'd do with it. Jon's photo of that yellow one IS the best looking Hudson I've seen, though .. good looking on it's own.

I got mine today! Well, last night.

Overall, another excellent job. Good body fidelity and the interior looks right.

Waiting for the brougham to come out later.

Charlie Larkin

Next Moebius Hudson due is a Club Special IIRC......

PS....this ain't ugly........

HUDSON54CLUBCOUPE-vi.jpg

Edited by Dave Van

I have waited for this kit for months and I finaly have it and I opened it up at the house.I thought i was seeing this the body hood ect the entire kit has a finishes on all the parts like a vinal top finishes the clear ans chrome was fine but all the other parts were covered with this finish did something go wrong???.Dave did your test shot have ths cover all over the body and the tan color part trees???

The feel of the body hood and all the other parts of the kit except glass chrome tires are fine but all the body parts look like a vinal top finish to it. I'll see if I can get a pic of them to show everyone what it looks like.

The feel of the body hood and all the other parts of the kit except glass chrome tires are fine but all the body parts look like a vinal top finish to it. I'll see if I can get a pic of them to show everyone what it looks like.

But when you go over the surface with your finger is it grainy or smooth.

Here is the final test shot body - as you can see it does not have a shiny surface.. apparently the factory did not do the best job of polishing the tool. HOWEVER - I've built and painted three of these bodies with good looking results.

002-X2.jpg

009-X2.jpg

The Black and Cream coupe in these photos was built from an earlier test shot with same finish on the body. This model was built without primer - only a few quick licks with a fine sanding stick to clean up mold lines.

Paint is Testors Model Master Classic Black and Light Ivory from the bottle - sprayed thru my old Pasche Model H Airbrush. there is no clear top coat and the model was not color sanded - Just rubbed out lightly with a 3M finishing compound, and foiled.

001-XL.jpg004b-XL.jpg006b-XL.jpg

Unless you intend to display the model without paint, I'm pretty confident that the finish on the body will not be any problem at all.

Hope this answers some of the concerns..

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

Part of the issue is some of us may have gotten used to these super polished mirror like finishes of some recent kit. The Revell snapers are the most polished I have ever seen!! My Hudsons look perfect for some mold line clean up, primer and paint.