Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '55 Nomad half-reissue

62rebel

• 5 years later...
On 1/7/2012 at 9:30 AM, 62rebel said:

no pics needed. it's the same '55 Nomad that's been there; well; except for the back of the rear seat. and ALL of the performance/custom parts. well; except for the drag front crossmember; it's still there. none of the "El Camino" conversion parts are there; the rest of the tube front axle is gone; not even a second set of wheels or tires.

I was looking at the various releases of the 1/25 AMT '55 Nomad on eBay yesterday and noticed one area of the chrome parts was changed for the Body Coddington "American Hot Rod" version, specifically the new large diameter wheels and wheel backs had replaced the side dump headers, oil pan, Hilborn mechanical FI sytle intake manifold, and one other part. I hope that change was made via removing an old and replacing it with a new insert...:unsure:

*edit* After adding the pics, it looks liek there are quite a few changes-- I see the rear bumper moved and the El Caminp version's bed rails appear o have disappeared, too. If anybody has better pics of any versions, please post them.

Poor image warning, but best pic of the BCAHR version's chrome I could find:

1343d4bc-e7bf-40ea-ba67-bd9b64211547.jpg

d63865e2-1183-4519-bdba-f495da5812cf.jpg

Edited by Casey