Model Cars Magazine Forum

Teresi: "Dyno Drags" Semi-Truck

I don´t know how I could´ve missed this one. Took me two days to go through all the pics. I am absolutely blown away by this quality of modeling. I can´t remember ever seeing anything this awesome. Amazing. The attention to every possible detail is breath taking as well as the weathering on the frame and the testing bed floor. The kit´s simplified engine looks so so real...

There are no words that I could express my feelings with. I´m stunned... absolutely stunned.

John, very nicely done! You keep raising the bar... I know that I couldn't have done this one justice the way you did!

--------Fair warning! The following contains an OPINION!------- :rolleyes::huh:;)

I'm not trying to step on any toes or start an arguement but... others have commented and as a 'Truck Modeler', I feel like I must as well...

My opinion: The Ford/FL conversion looks OK to me. No, it's not perfect, John even admits to that in the build thread but, it WORKS! It was built for his Father, not for this board and I'll bet it was very well received. I know that I couldn't have done any better on that cab conversion, myself. Having closely followed the build thread, I can really appreciate the effort that went into finishing this beast. I look forward to your next project!

I followed along on this build and every update it seemed like things just...happened, like a magic wand created stuff, it was like it was just so easy for you to do. I know it only seemed that way and you put tones of work into it.

This build, along with some of your other builds I've seen, amazed me for the obvious but the biggest (and least noticed) is the way everything looks "real", not rusted or worn out but USED, some grease and oil stains, rubber and smoke distressed areas, as if the builds were real and well looked after but about a year old.

I'm very humbled by your talent and am learning from an excellent "teacher".

Bob

Awesome build John. I would say it's perfect but I don't want to offend anyone. I would say that you perfected what you set out to do, make a great looking model of your dad's truck.

I have seen many models, plastic and diecast made by large companies that didn't come that close to replicating the real vehicle.

Love your work,

AzTom