Model Cars Magazine Forum

Turboniques Mustang

Tim Pentecost

VERY COOL! :) I have seen pictures of this in the magazines and I am glad to see it here so I can get a better look at it. This isn't the device that Jairus' post is about, but I thought it was. How does the 1:1 engine work? It's something I've been trying to figure out. Where does the combustion happen?

Sorry for the Q's about the 1:1, but I've never seen one of these.

VERY COOL! :lol: I have seen pictures of this in the magazines and I am glad to see it here so I can get a better look at it. This isn't the device that Jairus' post is about, but I thought it was. How does the 1:1 engine work? It's something I've been trying to figure out. Where does the combustion happen?

Sorry for the Q's about the 1:1, but I've never seen one of these.

Check out these sites...

http://www.almar.easynet.be/turbonique.htm

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2006/..._real_acme.html

Edited by USAC_1957

Hey Tim,

How 'bout scanning those articles and hosting them so we all could see.

I've got a major thing for Turboniques. Got some ideas for a future project powered by one.

Tim,

What USAC has posted on Turboniques is a LOT of what I have. The difference is I have more specific info on particlar cars from back then.

TimP

That's amazing! All the more so because I remember seeing those ads in car magazines many years ago. I didn't know if they really worked or if that was just a fly-by-night scam. Back in those days there wasn't always that much difference between the two! If it was real, I reasoned, why wasn't everybody using them? I must have been as whacko as everybody else! :P

• 4 weeks later...