Model Cars Magazine Forum

ford Talladega/ford falcon

Been looking into getting the aoshima mad max interceptor.

But prices are crazy and i don't want it as the second movie car but the first movie.

So been looking into building my own version of a interceptor.

The only car i can find close to a falcon is a ford Talladega.

Is there anywhere that does a simlar bonnet/hood like the falcon,to fit the Talladega.

Also which Talladega is better.amt,mongram or revell.

Thanks in advance,and please move if in the wrong section.

Rich

The Revell/ Monogram is one and the same. So, no differences. I haven't built either one. But, the AMT's Torino chassis' leaves some to be desired. Have you tried a wanted ad in the wanted section? Someone may have one in their stash that they're willing to part with.

Could you please tell me what is the slight differences?

Then maybe i can start sorting parts out.

Is it the 70 torino or the Talladega that's the same as the falcon.

George has pointed out that I am wrong about the bit difference between the two makes . This is between the US made Ford and the Australia made Ford Falcon.

Sorry for the bad info or if I confused you .

Edited by 1930fordpickup

the US made 1970 Falcon and the 1970 Torino are the same car sheet metal wise .

There was a 2 Door Sedan bodied Torino badged as a 1970 1/2 Falcon but I don't have a picture . It had a B pillar , the Torinos didn't .

22_zps162089c9.jpg

Edited by TooOld

In all honesty your best bet is to get a mad max kit and go from there. As for the expensive part it's a a recent low of around 45-50 bucks because they recently repoped it. If your going to use a couple kits and the parts box resin body your easily going to spend double the current price and still have to do all the work. I hate to say it but there is no way to build a interceptor for under 30-40$ unless you get lucky. And on a side note I have seen a Falcon XB in person and they share almost no sheet metal whatsoever with a us ford car.

The Parts Box XB Falcon kit is a 4 door sedan which is fine if you want to build one of the yellow MFP pursuit cars but would take major surgery to make the "last of the V8s" as that was based on a 2 door hardtop.

Best bet is to buy the Aoshima kit and a resin MM2 to MM1 conversion kit (you got pm about that).

There is a resin kit of the interceptor in MM1 guise made by Cavalier but the going rate for them is currently AU$75 to AU$100 and to be honest it's not a very nice kit.

There was a 2 Door Sedan bodied Torino badged as a 1970 1/2 Falcon but I don't have a picture . It had a B pillar , the Torinos didn't .

22_zps162089c9.jpg

KGrHqRHJCoE7zP093cYBPFbKtwsg60_3_zpsac90

Thank you Bob for setting the record straight. Of all the all Ford car shows I have been to never once have I came across the little 1970 Falcon. Learned something today.

Again sorry for the bad info. I did edit my post.