Model Cars Magazine Forum

MY VERY FIRST MODEL IS DONE :]]]]

Emily

hi everyone! i just finished my very first model and thought this would be a good place to show everyone :D

its not all custom and special like everyone else's here, but i thought it deserved to be shown as my first try ever :]

its a 06 mustang gt! painted dark candy apple red!

woohoooo!!!!

http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af225/emily4327/

Edited by Emily

That came out very nicely, Emily. You made an admirable recovery from your first paint-job. I've had more than a few go like that, and I still have one happen like that every once in awhile.

It's like your schoolwork- the more you practice, the better you become.

Focus on building your basic skills and try to pick something you want to develop each model you build...painting, detailing, and so forth. I had to stop doing most of my building for a long time due to life, when I was able to actually start doing some serious building again last year, the kit I started to work on (and still finishing up,) I decided to focus on the basics- good paint job, detail painting and neat assembly. I also decided to relearn how to use my airbrush. The results have been pretty good, I just need to foil it, touch up a couple spots and I'm done.

Keep at it.

Charlie Larkin

Very nice build there, Emily! This really brings back good memories of helping my daughter build her first model. She only stayed with the hobby for a little while, but it was just neat to see how satisfied and proud she was when it was finished. I also hope you continue on with building, who knows, you may just be the next Shannon Dimaulo!

Emily,

That is absolutly beautiful!

I may have to send you a few PM's when I finally decide on a model for advice...........

NOT that the guys wouldn't help me but ya know how it is LOL

Awesome work girl! keep at it!!!!!!!

30 years of looking at models and you ma'am did a wonderful job!

You've got something to be proud of for your first model! I wish my first model looked that good. Now, over a decade since I last built a model, I hope to restart the hobby. I hope my first model in a very long time looks at least that good! Keep up the good work! :lol:

You know, everybody keeps saying that this better than THEIR first build.....PFFFTTT! I think its better than a lot of the stuff I build TODAY! :D;):P

What impresses ME the most is you didn't give up when the paint went bad....you FIXED it! AWESOME! I've seen a lot of experienced modelers get frustrated over less that that!

Very well done! :lol: