Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th Dukes Charger * 3/28/15* Update, **DAISY DUKE AUTOGRAPH**

Rdkingjay

Thanks again gents. Overall I am happy with the chassis and interior. I wrote down a "hit" list of things to do to the body in prep for paint and it is long. All the door/fender seams have to be scribed out as does the windshield trim. I will attempt to add a thin chrome strip on the rear valence to seperate the black and orange paint and also have an idea on how to add chrome trim around the rear window. I already drilled out the door/trunk locks and got my hands on some pretty decent door handles. The next big fab job, however, will be the push bar, which I will try and mount securly to the front frame cross member and possibly the front bumper.

i agree, it shoud have come this way, d.o.h general lee had a back seat and although it was a "race car" it was a regular charger with a hemi, if uv watched the show etc.. i was saddened when i opened mine but what a great job uv done im sanding my body on mine after a paint fiasco, had plans 4 a hemi r/t style but my plastic n b/w skills r not up 2 par, so a vulgar g.l it is. nic work again.

You have already seen the wheel openings corrected, so now I am adding some goodies to spruce up the body just a bit and make it a little easier to detail. I added a strip of chrome around the back window, which it is missing, by bending styrene strips around the window using a little heat. I then attached the strip to the window and BMF'ed it. I also added strips along the top of the doors and a thin strip for the drip rails. This will aid in BMF'ing them since what was there was faint and shallow at best. The doors also got slightly modified donor door handles and door lock holes. I added another thin strip to the rear tail light valance that will also get BMF'ed following paint, as well as a trunk lock hole. The biggest pain right now are the front and rear roll pans, under the bumpers. Neither fits well at all and after extensive work, I discovered that they have to be attached after the body is painted and on the frame. Prior to paint would have been easier and potentially cleaner, but we'll see. Thanks for looking.

080-vi.jpg

081-vi.jpg

082-vi.jpg

083-vi.jpg

084-vi.jpg

Got it in final primer today. It showed me a few flaws I missed , mostly on the drivers door and one or two on the rear valence. Nothing a little more sanding won't fix. Mostly related to scribing out the door/fender lines.Getting down to the wire with this thing. Paint...maybe next week. Thanks for looking.

085-vi.jpg

086-vi.jpg

087-vi.jpg

Despite the weather yesterday, I was able to get it in the house last night and let it dry in the furnace room. It is real EV-2 Hemi Orange. Once the decals arrive, I will buzz the whole car down with 1200 wet, decal it, then clear coat it. It will then get wet sanded again with 2000 and get my three step polish procedure. Very happy with it. Thanks for looking.

089-vi.jpg

090-vi.jpg

091-vi.jpg

092-vi.jpg

I've been wanting to buy this kit, but now that I've seen a few builds, I don't really want to. Nascar-style junk FTL. You, however, have done wonders for this kit! The scratch-built engine bay, dash/console/seats/etc. is astounding! Great job! Glad to see someone is doing this kit justice with great scratch-building abilities!

Edited by brodie_83