Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mini truck build....update Started

gray07

talk about whitewall :)

well guys, ive started my build, got the frame where i want it to be and i've got the bed in primer

the cab will be assembled before paint, the bed after

so...i am ready to take suggestions on paint for this baby

its a mid to late 70s truck so i am willing to entertain thoughts of every era since then as long as its not fruity

keep in mind this belongs to some real men who hunt, fish and ride dirtbikes prefferadly at the same time and whilest drinking PBR

so...whatcha got ?

(pictures are encouraged)

well guys, ive started my build, got the frame where i want it to be and i've got the bed in primer

its a mid to late 70s truck so i am willing to entertain thoughts of every era since then as long as its not fruity

keep in mind this belongs to some real men who hunt, fish and ride dirtbikes prefferadly at the same time and whilest drinking PBR

so...whatcha got ?

so...whatcha got ?

mid 70s huh?>....hold on i got an idea in my head..im going to find pics of it ....hang tite

2nd is the AMT Chevy S10 Extreme. I did a 98 Corvette LS1 engine swap, painted 2 tone Black and Bright yellow buried in clear coat, lowered the stance, added the Corvette wheels, tires, seats, and steering wheel. Also put a fuel cell in the bed, moved the battery to the bed, and made a tonneu cover. I've had this built for a while but it needed a home, thanks for looking.

minitrucks004-vi.jpg

minitrucks005-vi.jpg

minitrucks001-vi.jpg

minitrucks003-vi.jpg

minitrucks002-vi.jpg

Not to be a stick-in-the-mud, but that J-10 up there is actually a full size truck... ;):D

I'll jump in on this one. I'm currently working on a 78 Courier body on a 94 Ranger chassis. Motorvation is provided by a FI 5.0L from a Mustang kit of some sort (parts bin). These pictures are from when I first started; the body has been stripped of paint and bodywork has begun (it was an old build of miine):

DSC01540.JPG

DSC01542.JPG

Let's get going! It doesn't look like much has been accomplished but it has! I've stripped the paint, cleaned up the body, swapped the driver's side bed fender for a passenger side fender from a spare to get rid of the fuel door, fitted the engine (went with the 5.0L), built a firewall and radiator support, built a tailgate... phew! Its ready for some paint now.

DSC01639.JPG

DSC01640.JPG

DSC01641.JPG

DSC01642.JPG

DSC01643.JPG

Just to give you an idea of just how small the Courier is compared to the Ranger/Explorer, the rear bench for an Explorer is the perfect size for the Courier. :)

Edited by kataranga

looks good

i slung some paint on mine the other day and the bed is settling onto the chassis as we speak

its a little bit doglimping but i think thats perfect for this type of build :)

its nice to see how the 440 fills in that engine bay compared to that 350 boatanchor that came with it

• 2 weeks later...