Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite truck builds

I think it would be interesting to see everyones favorite build from their own collection to date, and favorite build from a fellow modeler. It can be current, or from years ago. Show off your favorite piece, and the piece you wish youd built.

Edited by Superpeterbilt

Well Clayton, Im flattered. Seriously, im glad you like it that much. It turns out, its my favorite also. Just because of the length of detail. It was the first of many firsts for me.

brock1_zpsdl1yqblz.jpg

brock%204_zpsle7msr1g.jpg

brock2_zps7xgnbjs8.jpg

And for favorite built by another modeler, it would have to be Dave Natales replica of Dave Mauros Mack FKSW. From what I know the 1:1 is the last diesel 6 wheel tractor in existence. Daves model is as impressive as the restored 1:1. The bar was definitely set high with this one.

05446BFF-E3A8-4832-98D5-84799C61E78F_zps

AA08DF96-706D-4F63-8F83-98088FB7A675_zps

946AAECD-3013-4BD3-A040-DEA98339546E_zps

A59720F0-8605-4146-99F6-B019FEE6A305_zps

I like that Brockway because it's unique, it's different, looks good, and not a box kit. There's nothing wrong with kits, but when a cool looking truck like this pops out, you can't help but take notice. There's really not much left from the donor. Jarda's Bill Signs Pete was very close to your Brockway. If my BST Pete comes out I'm hopin, it'll replace my Ca Hauler.

Something kinda odd, my favorite color is blue, or at least I thought. All 3 of the trucks I chose are red.

Edited by Petetrucker07

That old Mack looks like something that would be kicked out from your bench and sittin on your shelf. I'm betting your gears are turning on how to do it, so you have one sittin on your shelf.

Thanks man, thats a huge compliment. Dave built this a number of years ago. Id be lying if I said that this truck, and a lot of Daves other trucks havent inspired me. I do have one of these in the works, but these trucks are all scratch built. Uve been working on mine for years just to have a rolling mocked up truck. Im building it off of the blueprints of the real truck that I got from the Mack museum.

I've never actually finished one, so when I do, that'll be my favorite. As to the work of others, there's one in the under glass section that I like very much, but I forgot who built it.

Well, you can copy the link here if you find it.

of my own, probably this,

SpringThaw2015087-vi.jpg

as far as others builds, man, that's a tough one! all you guys have built cool looking stuff that has inspired me in one way or another, gonna have to really think on it to pick a favorite, if I even can, just too much awesome stuff to chose from.

Thanks Lucas, this was the first truck I had built and completed after 30 year break from trucks.

The color is WWII Russian Interior green, It looked good enough to pass for a fleet color.

I remember the old Safeway trucks and would love to build a few if I could source some of those "S" decals.

All great builds, and Sean that FL cabover is one of my favorite builds of this kit. Any that I build will have these changes made.

Thank you Terry, I plan on building several more . There are several things I would do different that I missed on this one.

Gorden , thank you - , as said this was my first semi for many years. My headlights came from a "Bank Pen" as I had no plastic tubing on hand. :lol: I razor sawed the end of the pen off, chucked the tubing in my cordless drill and shaped the bevel with a flat needle file. Sawed it off and repeat. Cut a styrene disk for a backing the same size and mounted them .

Edited by Old Buckaroo

The favorite from my collection is the KW C500

IMG_1644_zpsd12e715a.jpg

IMG_1650_zps32d12c02.jpg

My favorite from another build is Terry's Brockway. The detailing that was incorporated into this is awesome!

The most striking part of it is the winch. The control levers and hardware with the chain drive nailed it for me :D

Edited by Tesla

Well I've only got three of my own to choose from, but its a no brainer, My LNT 8000 Mixer

my favorite has to be this beast of an Autocar

Sam, that Autocar is one terrific looking beast! Do you have more pics of it?

And my favorite built by another modeler

Sergey's "Love Machine aka Pig Pen" Mack

PP-1.jpg

Thank you Sean, but this is not exact my Mack, although it looks very similar. I would say the trailer is painted better then my one.

Here is my:

06.jpg

Edited by Sergey