Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1957 Ford Custom Tudor - Finished Pics

RandyB.

I just started this new release from Revell which looks to be a pretty good kit so far. I painted the body in Testors "Light Blue" which is a good match to the factory colour "Starmist Blue". Interior is going to be Testors "Dark Blue" with the light gray door panel and seat trim decals. Since I am not too fussy on a real austere look I have deciced to swap out the blackwall tires that are included in this kit for the aftermarket AMT Firestone Champion wide whitewall tires. I checked with the 1957 Ford sales brochure and they show this particular model of vehicle with wide whitewall tires so I'm assuming they were available at extra cost. Stay tuned for more progress!

Pictures227.jpg

__480_218_1957Ford57057Blue.jpg

2006-7-26_1957FordCustomBusSdWeb-Large.j

Pictures231.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

You are moving right along with yours. I like the blue and the darker interior will look good also. I started mine a few days ago but, with the Christmas Holiday approaching work has came to a halt. I got my top color, Wimbeldon White painted and the engine painted Ford red and that's about it. Still haven't decided on a base color. I'm considering Desert Tan or Black. I think the Black would look good displayed next to the '57 Chevy Black Widow. Enough about me, sorry, I'm just excited to see others started on here and becoming inspired about this kit. I'll be watching for more updates on yours. Love the wide whites.

This is looking REALLY nice!! I really like the wheels and tires and they'lllook great on the car. have you considered two toning the body by adding a white roof and rear deck lid and upper rear side panels? Personally, I think that would make the lower level two door sedan look pretty classy. Either way, it is looking like it's going to be a nice build. I sure do hope that the powers that be decide to issue a wagon and Ranchero based on this kit. A sedan delivery would also be pretty cool!!! Come to think of it, so would a four door sedan.. what an awesome taxi! :):):)

Edited by impcon

This is looking REALLY nice!! I really like the wheels and tires and they'lllook great on the car. have you considered two toning the body by adding a white roof and rear deck lid and upper rear side panels? Personally, I think that would make the lower level two door sedan look pretty classy. Either way, it is looking like it's going to be a nice build. I sure do hope that the powers that be decide to issue a wagon and Ranchero based on this kit. A sedan delivery would also be pretty cool!!! Come to think of it, so would a four door sedan.. what an awesome taxi! :):):)

Thanks Gary. I was considering doing a two-tone paint scheme on this kit but when looking back on all of my '50's cars in my collection most are upscale models and two-tone paint schemes so I thought I would do something a little more austere this time but using the blackwall tires would be too austere for me so that's why I decided to use the wide whitewall tires. That way I have an entry level version of this car but not too plain either.

Thanks guys. Tim this is a nice kit, Revell has given this kit some nice details.

Well engine is now finished and waiting to go into the chassis which I will do after I post these two pics.

312ci 245hp Thunderbird engine

Pictures233.jpg

Pictures239.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

Thanks Sam....you won't be disappointed with your kit.......seems like Revell got it right on this one.

Well after looking at my reference pics I realized that I had the valve covers upside down. I carefully removed them and installed them correctly. I hate when this happens because everything I had glued fell off except for the item I wanted to remove! After gluing everything back on I re-shot the pics.

1:1 vehicle with chrome valve covers

1957FordCustom_04_700.jpg

Pictures241.jpg

Pictures242.jpg

Edited by RandyB.