Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Prudhomme Wynns Dragster

Sweet. And it's got a Hemi too. lol You should sand your slicks next time to get rid of that mold line and make them more realistic. I have got a hold of some tires that would not get rid of that shine no matter how long you sanded on them though.

Edited by dwc43

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice build of a seldom seen car...Don't know my 1/16 stuff, has that kit been issued lately?

These 1/16 scale models have not been re-released in years...I've been buying them on E-bay. I've got a considerable

collection of most of them.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, we may never see this particular kit re-released. Don Prudhomme hasnt been very ambitious over the last number of years about granting the licensing for his particular kits. The Army Monza was the last in 1/25th. There was never a Miller LIght or even faked Larry Dixon TF car. Never a Skoal or faked Prudhomme TF or FC. ("faked" = owing to the fact that the late 90's saw the beer and tobacco industries wiped out of the model kit industry) (remember the "faked" Budweiser Earnhardt Jr. 8 car?)

The possibilities in the aftermarket, alone, would make this or any of the 1/16th FED kits HIGHLY desirable to re-release. Typical of the kit manufacturers. The front engine dragster was driven by real men, with b@lls as big as grapefruit, and a brain that was a bubble off plumb. Those cars had CHARACTER, and they had names....."Wynn's Winder"....."Wynn's Charger"...."Wynn's Jammer"...."Jade Grenade"....."Cow Palace"....."Fighting Irish"......"Young American"....."California Charger"....."Wheeler Dealer"....etc etc etc.

Now, they have .........."CoPart"......."Al-Anabi"......"DHL"...."Castrol GTX"......etc.........whatever corporate sponsor that has helped to put drag racing out of the reach of real people.

Put the driver between the slicks, behind the motor, PROTECT HIM PROPERLY, and you'll have real drag racing again.

JMHO