Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gauging interest - Back on the Bench CBP

Jantrix

Being in a CBP always helps motivate me to getting a model completed. So I'm kicking around the idea of starting a CBP for everyone's half-done and set back on the shelf model builds. Any model at all. Post it up, get some feedback, get re-motivated and get it done. No end date.

My plan is to finish every (around six I figure) WIP build I have before I crack open a new one.

Any interest?

Rob- one question- would there be any cutoff for how long the project has been stalled or unfinished? I have some projects that hopelessly stalled two weeks ago, and some that hopelessy stalled two years ago. I know we'd need to employ some kind of 'Scout's Honor' thing when talking about how long the project had been stalled, but just curious anyway.

Chuck, this is just for fun and motivation. If someone jumps in with a week old build I'm really not that concerned with it. For the most part people with shelved projects will be joining us and that is the point. So yeah, we'll just use Scout's Honor.

Here are a few I could re-ignite-

IMG_63281-vi.jpg

Esci Ford Transit- haven't touched it in just a tad over a year.

IMG_57161-vi.jpg

AMT Deuce 3-window conversion (started by someone else, re-started by me) haven't touched it in a year and a half.

z001-vi.jpg

'62 Buick on shortened wheelbase with a Chevy bubble top.

OR...????

IMG_64421-vi.jpg

'66 Packard mild custom?

I have a dozen if not more projects that I could use for this. Most of them are "Phantom" Corvairs that Chevy never built (Surprised?) like second-generation 2- and 4-door wagons and a 'Vair-based El Camino. Let me think about which one I want to finish up for this CBP, and I'll let you know. If anyone wants to see one of them finished up specifically, let me know! :rolleyes: