Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deuce 5-W Hiboy- Final Update - May 4

Phildaupho

Good point regarding the panhard bar and I will certainly add one. I wonder if there are any scale small block Ford Edelbrock valve covers out there?

You would need a rear panhard bar to locate and keep the rear end centered from side to side, look at a few full size car magazines to get an idea of the one that is easiest to add to your build. But other than the Chevrolet valve covers on a Ford the rest is really nice.

I am pretty much down to final assembly now so this will be the final On The Workbench update. It is impossible to pass anything non-authentic by a Ford guy so I have replaced the Edelbrock Chevy valve covers with Ford units which except for not having Edelbrock script on them actually look closer to what is on the real Edelbrock 5-W. Also as recommended I installed a rear panhard stabilizer bar.

The flames are modified from the Revell ’49 Merc and ’32 5-W. I first scanned them to make templates for masking which I did with Bare-Metal-Foil over the white enamel before applying the red. Once removed, the Bare-Metal-Foil does leave glue residue, which can be removed with Goo-Gone on a cotton swab. The color in the final flame photo is the closest to reality.

photo1-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

photo-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

• 3 weeks later...