Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg '53 Victoria......

JollySipper

victoria%20001_zpse5bkpzjm.jpg

victoria%20002_zpsojlcp7vg.jpg

They are remodeling our apartments, so most of my model stuff is put away. However, I was able to sneak in a paint job over the long weekend. I'm pretty far along on this one, just the suspension and engine need paint and assembly....... Primer and paint are DupliColor, clear is Rustoleum. Interior is a pink color called Sweet Pea from Rustoleum.........

Plan is to use Pegasus 4 bar spinner wheels and have a slight foward rake..........

All comments are welcome!!

Hi Tim,

I have built this kit a couple of times and the first one I did it just like the instructions say but it was very difficult to close the kit and there was a gap between the interior and the rear tray. In my experience it will fit cleaner and it is easier to close the build if you glue it to the interrior assembly. I have always glued all the glass in place and then start test fitting the interiors till they snug nicely in place before the final assembly.

Hope this helps.

B)

Edited by Luis Ayala

Thanks a bunch, guys!! A question for those who have built this one..... should I glue the package tray to the interior assembly, or to the inside of the body like the instructions say?

I glued it to the body as per the instructions- no problems with fitting the interior.

Thanks, fellas...... :)

Steve, the pink actually looks good in the car in person, maybe all buttoned up with good outside shots will make it look better.....!!

Very possible TJ.

I know a lot of these paint schemes look a little "funky" at first, but by the time it's all finished up, they look great!

I just never would have dreamed of pink with red & black.

I really love that red by the way!

Steve