Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlit`s 'Wynns-Liner"

John Teresi

Hello........this was built a few years back..........I bought the solid resin block body on Ebay..........I used a small cutting bit to hollow out the body........I wanted to have a full plumbed chassis underneath the body........H.O.K. black with custom made decals.........chassis and canopy scratch built and allot of parts from parts box.........thanks for looking.

DSCF5462.jpg

DSCF5449.jpg

DSCF5447.jpg

DSCF5430.jpg

DSCF5438.jpg

DSCF5437.jpg

DSCF5453.jpg

Now that is an interesting build. And I like it A LOT .

Me thinks the chassis is mostly scratchbuilt ?

I know the actual car is sitting on Garlits museum floor and always thought one would be cool in 1/25th scale

I wasn't aware there was ever a resin body to do this car. You happen to know if it's still avail anywhere ?

Now that is an interesting build. And I like it A LOT .

Me thinks the chassis is mostly scratchbuilt ?

I know the actual car is sitting on Garlits museum floor and always thought one would be cool in 1/25th scale

I wasn't aware there was ever a resin body to do this car. You happen to know if it's still avail anywhere ?

Hi bill.......I got the resin body from Ebay about 3 years ago.........it was a solid block of resin.........I bored it out......to have a chassis underneath.........the guy who was selling them was also selling some other drag stuff.........he got up-set with some of the buyers and canceled his Ebay account........ wish I could have bought a few more bodies from him before he canceled his account.........thanks

That is Awsome!!!! I got one odd ball question for you. What did you have it setting on for the pics?

Is that a cement block? It just makes a good base for pics of that nature.

Hi Brian.........it was a slab of cement that a park bench sat on.......I used a corner of the slab for the photos........thanks

As a relative newbie member but longtime observer, I can't express any better that which others have long said about your work "O Master John." You hit every chord (for those of us that truly love drag racing's golden age- the artistry is a joy to behold. Thank YOU for sharing- along with all you other craftsmen out there.

Fantastic build, but what else can you expect from such a Talented builder as John. That is incredible looking build, paint and detail is excellent as always. If I understood correctly, there is/was a 1:1 Car like this one? If there was, what class did it drive? A Funny Car?