Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #93 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

Here's something a little bit different!

But is it real... or model? :angry:

ROM93-1.jpg

The answer FRIDAY!

It's the real thing. Industrial designer Brooks Stevens came up with this concept, a station wagon, but we think of it as a van, as a proposal for Kaiser-Jeep, based on the FC series Forward Control pickups. I toured Brooks Stevens' museum in Suburban Milwaukee right at 30 years ago, and IIRC, this vehicle was on display there.

Art

It's the real thing. Industrial designer Brooks Stevens came up with this concept, a station wagon, but we think of it as a van, as a proposal for Kaiser-Jeep, based on the FC series Forward Control pickups. I toured Brooks Stevens' museum in Suburban Milwaukee right at 30 years ago, and IIRC, this vehicle was on display there.

Art

That right there makes me think it's a prototype scale model of some sort, the headlights and hubcaps just don't look right like they would on a 1/1 car, especially the lights on a normal FC.

That right there makes me think it's a prototype scale model of some sort, the headlights and hubcaps just don't look right like they would on a 1/1 car, especially the lights on a normal FC.

Ding Ding Ding!!!! You are quite observant :(

C'mon Harry....give everyone the news!!

ok, I'm late cuz I had some "real work" to do! (as in paying client!) :blink:

Final vote: 34-8 REAL!

Which means once again you guys were REAL WRONG!!! :(

It's a MODEL! A styling studio model, to be exact. Yes, an actual styling studio gets the credit-or blame-for this one!!! Hey, it's better looking than an Aztec!!! :)

Note the fact that there are no mirrors, no wipers, the door handles look to be simple flat cutouts of silver mylar or something. I'm not sure what scale this is, but it's definitely a model!

Next ROM coming Monday!

Guest promodmerc

Make a little noise.

Make a little love.

Get down tonight.

Called it right again :(

What gave it away for me was the tires, hubcaps, headlights and turn signals. The headlights & turn signals are flat, not curved. The hub caps look like chrome buttons and the tires have to square on an edge.

Edited by promodmerc