Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eliminator

hobbybobby

Ed "Big Daddy" Roth is best known for his grotesque caricatures — typified by Rat Fink — depicting imaginative, out-sized monstrosities driving representations of the hot rods that he and his contemporaries built.

Although Detroit native Stanley Mouse (Miller) is credited with creating the so-called "Monster Hot Rod" art form, Roth is accepted as the individual who popularized it.

Roth is less well known for his innovative work in turning hot rodding from crude backyard engineering, where performance was the bottom line, into a refined art form where aesthetics were equally important, breaking new ground with fiberglass bodywork.

In the 1960s, plastic models of many of Roth's cars, as well as models of Rat Fink and other whimsical creatures created by Roth, were marketed by the Revell model company.

Numerous artists were associated with Roth, including painter Robert Williams, Rat Fink Comix artist R.K. Sloane and Steve Fiorilla, who illustrated Roth's catalogs.

The Fink Eliminator was one of the last fink releases, original in 1965, and its a very hard kit to find.

Fortunately it was re-released in 1990.

Cast into the fink's mallet, are the words "I LIKE".

Inside the kit are decals of various car manufacturers...

So you could make the mallet say "I like Ford".

On the car being smashed are the words "I HATE" and once again you apply the decal of your least favorite manufacturer to be eliminated...

The base is an old picture frame with plaster and paint as asphalt, it measures approximately 20x30cm.

The kit contains only one, demolished car, that I have not used.

The "eliminated" cars are cheap 1/64 models, of an unknown chinese manufacturer... ;)

And yes, I had fun to deform it. :D

This is my version, hope, you like it.

Eliminator012.jpg

Eliminator014.jpg

Eliminator019.jpg

Eliminator002.jpg

Eliminator010.jpg

Eliminator004.jpg

Eliminator008.jpg

Eliminator007.jpg

Eliminator006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...