Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toneau Covers

Not sure if I spelled the topic right. But had a great idea while I was at work tonight.

This is my idea:

1st don't throw away your gift cards after you have used them all up save those they work great for other things also.

Take your gift card and measure out the bed of your truck then either cut down or sand down the gift card to the measurement you need ( of course paint it ) then you could either glue it to the bed of the truck or make your own custom system so you can open it. Maybe the same way you would when your cutting doors.

Just an idea, if someone has tried this already could you maybe post some pics of the finished product.

• 1 month later...

I did this years ago with a gift card that was layered thin plastic over a paper core (?). I trimmed it down, painted it and glued it in place. The next day I noticed that either the paint or glue had seeped into the cut edge and had caused a slight bit of swelling along the edge. It isn't terribly noticeable, but it's there.

I think this is a great idea. Just be careful that the card is all plastic so that the same doesn't happen to you.

Later-