Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tim McCreadie....2014 Rocket chassis Dirt Late Model build.....

Dirt Demon

Bill- How did you apply the carbon fiber decal to the valve covers? did you use one piece the size of the cover? I am using scale motorsport decal.

What make gold did you use?

What did you use for the radiator?

our scratch building is awesome. Thank you for any help and posting your builds

charlie

Thanks Charlie.....as far as the carbon fiber decal, I use scale motorsports brand as well. I cut a piece bigger than the valve cover, and use plenty of microsol decal setting solution. I keep it really wet with it until it starts to conform around all the edges. It will wrinkle, but it will fix itself as it dries. I use a small paintbrush wet with microsol, to help conform it better. Once its dry, trim away the excess decal with an xacto knife, then clear it with a gloss clear to give it depth and sheen. The radiator is scratch built. I looked at photos of C&R racing radiators and built one to fit in the car. As far as the Gold you are asking about, Im not sure what you mean. If you mean on the bead locks, that is natural brass color.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Steven......and not a problem. Clay Kemp has given me the inspiration to do super detail builds. He and several other pro builders, have made me step up my building skills for the past several years. I dont really like building anything out of a box anymore. A $25.00 kit turns into a $300.00 build very quickly. B)

• 2 weeks later...