Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '70 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda 2'n1

Looking sweet

I am stoked about the arrival of this kit and once I get a project off the bench thats been there far to long already I will get going on one of my own.

I have a customer who owns a 1/1 Hemi Cuda ( his is an auto) and I want to do a replica of his car.

If anyone who has this kit and is NOT going to use the shaker hood out of it, send it my way ( all I need is the hood )

Looking sweet

If anyone who has this kit and is NOT going to use the shaker hood out of it, send it my way ( all I need is the hood )

Bill...thanks!

The Shaker hood in this kit is actually comprised of several parts...the hood, the shaker scoop, the grille insert for the shaker scoop, the pan that does under the shaker scoop, and the air cleaner that sits on top of the pan and under the scoop. I'll show these in my next update. Not sure if that impacts your request but wanted to make sure you were aware (if you weren't already).

TIM

I noticed that too. The '70 Michigan Plates are exactly correct (or to put it more precisely, exactly as I remember them from 44 years ago!). TIM

I thought that those were Michigan plates ! The old 'Winter Water Wonderland' plates from pre-1976 . Although I personally cannot account for their accuracy (insofaras , alpha-numeric respectful order , font accuracy , colours , etc.) , I will go on record as giving kudos to Revell-Monogram for including vintage license plates in this kit :)B) .

FWIW , I'm going to employ a set of my fave plates on one of my builds of this kit : Michigan '76 !

I'll post a link shortly for my source of these -and other- awesome plates ...

EDIT 21.11.2013 @ 0713 HRS

Here's my eBay source for vintage license plates :

http://www.ebay.com/usr/bestmodelcarparts

A heck of a nice guy to do business with . Highly recommended !

( ATTN : Casey , Harry , et al. : if this link is posted in the wrong topic (i.e. , it needs to be threaded in "Resin and Aftermarket") , then please feel free to move it to its respective topic )

Edited by 1972coronet

Bill...thanks!

The Shaker hood in this kit is actually comprised of several parts...the hood, the shaker scoop, the grille insert for the shaker scoop, the pan that does under the shaker scoop, and the air cleaner that sits on top of the pan and under the scoop. I'll show these in my next update. Not sure if that impacts your request but wanted to make sure you were aware (if you weren't already).

TIM

Tim,

Actually all I need , is the hood . I made this one to fit the MPC body but it's a tad to wide . And I would rather not trim it down to fit the new Revell body.

DSC01809_zps44efb13f.jpg

DSC01810_zpscd4f739d.jpg

The quick build and review looks amazing!i'm glad I ordered one,hopefully in the near future someone will offer a resin convertible,while looking through my hoard of decals I came across 3 fred cady hockey stripe decal sheets in white,black and orange in 340,383,440 and hemi callouts,think I may have bought them at least 15 years ago,but never got around to using them.

I bet if you contact Revell they would send you a new chrome tree. Their customer service is EXTREMELY good.

Now I wonder if they'll have the brains to continue the 'Cudas great re-mold with a re-molded Challenger to match? That would be most excellent!

They would have to alter the wheelbase, which would mean new molds, which means $$$. But it would be nice indeed.

It looks like when it went through the plating process it wasn't completely chromed, I have a 72 olds kit with a similar issue, I guess I have bad luck with chrome

Several people - myself included - got the M.K. '57 Ford Police kit with bad chrome too. In my case half the police parts tree didn't have a shred of plating on it. Hope this isn't a trend...last thing Revell needs is a spate of iffy Q.C. on their last kits of the year.

I bet if you contact Revell they would send you a new chrome tree. Their customer service is EXTREMELY good.

Agreed they sent me the tampo printed white walls for the '50 Olds and a set of '67 Charger decals from the second release, just because I bought the first release and asked nicely.

Hey Tim, where did you get "The Treatment?" I used that stuff for years and now I can't find it, unless I buy some kind of polishing kit the makers of the product are marketing now. I'd just like to get another jar of the wax like you have there.

Thanks.

PB.

Hey Tim, where did you get "The Treatment?" I used that stuff for years and now I can't find it, unless I buy some kind of polishing kit the makers of the product are marketing now. I'd just like to get another jar of the wax like you have there.

Thanks.

PB.

Paul...ME TOO! I really don't care for that combo pack they offer in the hobby stores now - I just want the wax. I recently got on their website and could not find this product either. I ended up buying some 1.1 scale "Carnauba Wax" IIRC, but I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if its the same product or not.

Hmmm....TB

Paul...ME TOO! I really don't care for that combo pack they offer in the hobby stores now - I just want the wax. I recently got on their website and could not find this product either. I ended up buying some 1.1 scale "Carnauba Wax" IIRC, but I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if its the same product or not.

Hmmm....TB

The jars were discontinued some time ago, replaced by the assortment display. The Carnuba wax you bought will work just fine. I've been using it for years, and I think it's better than the old "Treatment" wax.

Tim,

Loving these updates mate, plus all the info you and others are posting regarding factory options and such...All very valuable information, thanks.

It's really making me wish mine was here already.....but early December, I can wait for....not sure I'll be able to wait for Christmas day though. (Idea is to put it under the tree, gift to myself :) )

Still undecided on a direction to go with it, so I'm a definite possibility of one or two more. :lol:

A stock build will be a must to go beside my kit-bashed "street machine", build as an entry in a build off @ Tom's board.

cuda200808001-vi.jpg

post-3007-0-60271900-1385157682_thumb.jp

Tim,

Loving these updates mate, plus all the info you and others are posting regarding factory options and such...All very valuable information, thanks.

It's really making me wish mine was here already.....but early December, I can wait for....not sure I'll be able to wait for Christmas day though. (Idea is to put it under the tree, gift to myself :) )

Still undecided on a direction to go with it, so I'm a definite possibility of one or two more. :lol:

A stock build will be a must to go beside my kit-bashed "street machine", build as an entry in a build off @ Tom's board.

cuda200808001-vi.jpg

attachicon.gifCUDAa.jpg

Greg...that is sharp! The color scheme is really cool too!

When you get the Revell kit, you will find it to be a fascinating comparison to the MPC kit. Let me know your conclusions....Christmas is not THAT far away! TIm

LOL, I sure will Tim. :) And thanks so much for your very kind words mate.

It was almost a labour of love building that one, body was actually and old JoHan S & M car, interior the Revell Snap-tight (?, Yellow box art) and numerous Amt chassis components. :D

Duane,

I asked our engineering department to look at the area of the model you are concerned with, and they confirmed that it is not as distinct as it should be. The roof edge which on the real vehicle is not a drip rail, but either a piece of trim or just a body colored lip which was apparently not finished to our required standards on the kit body. This will likely be corrected on a future release of the kit, but for right now, all of them are molded this way.

If it’s any consolation, congratulations on being the first builder to notice this problem.

Al Klockowski

Technical Support

Consumer Service

Revell, Inc.

847-758-3213

This is the response to the Cuda drip rail the on both sides along the a pillar and the c pillar of the body from Revell.

Well I picked mine up today and was very very impressed "this not a complaint" just a observation mine had a ton of flash on the chrome trees and the chassis, I guessed it's the price of a new tool getting dialed in. Here's the cool thing for me a lot of parts from the Sox & Martin Johan kit fit nicely into this one...Ok resin guys we need a flat hood to go along with it LOL..The way the economy has been the last few years it's nice to see new tooling and updates in the model arena, it's a nitch market anymore, so thanks to the manufactures..