Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2006 Z06 prgoress report

ismaelg

Hello,

I haven't been on the workbench much in the last few days. But I was able to do the body cleanup, mold lines etc. Moon Mud primer, sanding, more primer and it now has the first 2 mist coats of Cobra Colors Velocity Yellow. I have learned my lesson and I am taking it sloooow. I usually rush it, screw it up and end up doing it all over again. :lol:

DSCF2421.JPG

One of my favorite angles on this car.

DSCF2422.JPG

Still a looooong way to go.

Thanks,

Ismael

Looking good so far. Can't wait to see this one finished 8)

About the missing dry sump tank; I looked at pics on the net and my non-Z06 C6 kit and it looks like it would be invisible on the model; trapped behind the fender and not visible in the engine compartment. Is the design of the passenger side engine compartment different between standard and Z06, or was Revell smart to not bother to tool this part if one would never see it?

Well, the problem is that the battery was relocated to the back in order to make room for the tank, but the battery is very prominent in the interior tub in the kit. Not a big deal but as a nit picker, I'll try to remove it :lol:

It is not easy to live with diagnosed "overcomplicaditis" :)

Thanks,

is there any difference between Velocity Yellow and Millenium Yellow?

They are similar, but not identical. Velocity is a bit brighter and it also has a hint of silver-gold metallic particles. However, it is still considered a solid color. These particles should give it a nice depth. I'm not sure there will be much difference in a model.

Thanks,

I just picked up my kit Saturday from the LHS and I'm impressed save for the tires! :lol:

When will the model companies realize that proper stance and tires can make or break a model??.:?

Seems as though the tires from the Viper SRT-10 kit will work as they are the right profile and size...........especially the rears. I tried to order a set of extra tires from Revell-Monogram------first by calling them......got voice mail.........then by going to their website, but the site doesn't seem to recognize when you've placed an order by giving you a confirmation notice or anything.

..................And I'll have to modify the wheels somewhat for the larger tires.:)

Out of frustration, I simply bought another Viper kit off the 'Bay............I want to build this one after I finish the '55 Ford.

Yours is coming along reeeeaaall nice Ismael........keep us posted! :)

Well, the problem is that the battery was relocated to the back in order to make room for the tank, but the battery is very prominent in the interior tub in the kit. Not a big deal but as a nit picker, I'll try to remove it :)

It is not easy to live with diagnosed "overcomplicaditis" :D

Thanks,

Prominent it is! Shouldn't be hard to Dremel away. Is the battery visible in back?

Is the battery visible in back?

The battery goes in a compartment in the trunk area in the passenger side. From the bottom, the battery tray should be visible. I'll try to add it to the model as well.

IMG_1381.jpg

Z06bt.jpg

By the way, here is a pic I took of the dry sump tank.

Z06dst.jpg

Thanks,