Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 40 Ford Sedan Stock Car , first time building

CrazyGirl

oop's anyway i must have made a boo boo , back when i was little my neighbor had a stock car , a 40 Ford Sedan and when i first heard that race car it sent chills and i have never forgotten it so i must be getting nutty in my old age so i figure build a model as i remember this race car , this is my first time doing such a thing and maybe the first girl on here do to this , or maybe not , we come a long way baby !! lol anyway , the inside is an off white and the color of the car is baby blue , like the hood , so far this has been a blast !! Anne

hey Thanks guys , but i am going to be coming to a stop on this real fast ,, the problem is the chassis from what i remember about this car is i know it didn't have the 40 ford chassis , it's been 50 years since i have seen this car but i sure remember the insides so thats not a problem my problem now is the suspension , oh well , this may take some time to sort out

i must be posting the pics wrong ,, anyway the paint is perfectly imperfect i think ,, as i remember on the real stock car the doors were welded shut , but had some gaps and i tried to do the same , on this body i shaved off all the molding and door handles and wiper blades and on the firewall i removed all the molded in wiring and junk , i remember the real car had an aluminum fire wall , or maybe steel but it was not painted , it was semi shiny so i bought some Bare-Metal matte aluminum and i will use it on the firewall , do that tomorrow

Another Bay-Stater! Where abouts are you?

Anne, if you're not busy on the 17th, why not come to MassCar's show. It'll be at the Holiday Inn in Taunton from 9-ish to about 3:00 or 4:00. We have three special classes this year: best green (color) car, best Corvette and best American Independent (e.g., Hudson, Packard, Studebaker, etc.).

MassCar meets on the 3rd Wednesday in Medfield at 45 West St., someone's usually there by around 6:00 and the meeting starts at 7:00. We meet in the loft over the landscaper's office.

Charlie Larkin

The paint looks awesome, I bet the real car never looked that good. You are really coming along on this one, great work. Are you sure this is your first model car? You have brought some talent here from some other form of art if so, very impressed.

i am posting pics wrong , so forgive me people , first let me say what a great bunch you all seem to be , very welcoming , so this is my plan , when i bought this 40 Ford i also bought a 34 Ford early modified and i am going to use that chassis , i just need to make it about 1/2 inch longer , so i bought a bunch of styrene material of different sizes , and while i was at it i bought a few more models :lol: this is a blast , this sure beats the heck out of my sewing club !!! and if the girls could see me now they would call the guys in the white coats !!!!!! so next will be to set up a cool work station and get all the goodies , CC is empty , so time to fill it up !! Shop till you drop , and that i have no problem with :P