Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've been passing this old GMC Crackerbox for weeks now near Exit 72 on I-55 in Illinois, just outside of Springfield. I finally pulled over and took a picture this past Tuesday with my phone. Next week I'm taking my digital camera with me and I'm hoping the owner of the shop that it's at will let me go i the yard and take some pics....there's also a few old Internationals and a Road Boss that I can see, so hopefully I'll have pics of all of them soon. :P5210621364_aea2391737_m.jpg

Got 1 sitting in our yard. 61 V6/ 71 r 960 twin screw, slated to be stretched, lowered and big power added. 333k orig miles, know where truck was all its short road life. originaly a north american van line truck, sold new 1/4 mile from where it sits now.

PA230610.jpg

PA230609.jpg

Scott

That's awesome! Can't wait to see your Crackerbox when it's done! As a kid I was a big fan of the White Road Boss and Road Boss 2 since I pretty much grew up around the trucking company that my dad worked at as a diesel mechanic. I used to think these were ugly...well, I guess they still are, but that's what makes them unique, and I'm really starting to love these trucks!

There are ugly in a neat way, unique truck in my opinion. lemme know what u find out bout the one you posted pic of...personaly i love um..the one pictured will be 325" , have a 16V 71 det. allison auto, 3 spd aux. pete low air leaf, and pete air link front susp. a 4/5" taper chop. and supersingles all around. on the back burner for a lil while till dad recovers from his stroke.

we have a Cannonball too.. nother fugly GMC, love them too..

Scott

I stopped today and was taking some pics from the side of the road and the owner pulled up asking if he can help me. I told him I was just checking out all the old trucks....turns out they're all for sale. He said the Crackerbox is $3500 and he said it actually runs!

• 4 months later...