Model Cars Magazine Forum

Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN

Harry P.

I saw it for the first time the other day on Showtime. I have to say I was sort of disappointed. I mean, I had heard all the hype, all the glowing reviews, etc., but I found the movie incredibly slow and boring. Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field were good, Tommy Lee Jones was good... all the actors did a great job, and the movie looked good... very nice attention to period detail and such... the art director definitely did a great job.. but the pacing was slow and the script just seemed to plod along endlessly. It was all I could do to actually sit through it without flipping the channel.

I couldn't sit through it either, it was too focused on just one thing and (although a very good thing, no discussion about that) it got rather boring because of that. I'd rather had some wider aspect of his life.

I agree. That was the same problem I had–way too focused on one specific political issue, way too much political "insider" stuff back and forth over that one particular issue. I would love to have seen Spielberg do a more overall bio of the man.