Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 chevy pro mod w.i.p (updates 11/11/12)

tyrone

Tyrone, you're off to a cracking start man. B)

This should be an interesting build, and looking forward to seeing your approach at the "blower motor".

Good to see you're having a crack at the chassis, 100%......I know you won't disappoint man. :) ;)

thanks fellas I really appreciate all the kind words, well I got a little done tonight... here's a few pics... the four link mounts were just tacked in place to make sure the height was correct... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

Edited by tyrone

The chassis is looking good Tyrone, can't wait to see more!. Henry, this is going to be Tyrone's first 100% scratch-built chassis & his first blown car, & I'm sure he will blow us away with it! (pun intended!)

second blown car... I did a blown mustang Skull Gear about 2 years ago....

Tyrone i noticed that you dont have tubing where the four link brackets are mounted. your brackets should be mounted to the chassis on the tubing. I hope you can understand what im trying to say heres the pic I noticed it in.

026.jpg

simple fix just put two pieces of tube in where the brackets are and mout the bracket to the tube and you'll be set. This will make your chassis stronger it will also make the rear end less likely to break off during handling. Keep up the fine work.

Hey Rom, thanks for catching that, but it's not finished.. I just had the 4 link mounts on to make sure the bars they attach to were at the right height, this will be all be corrected when I get home this evening... but thanks for catching that bruh....

thanks alot fellas,...

Joe... that's my story and I'm sticking to it... :huh: ...lol...

Well I've been working on this one and have made some pretty good progress... more updates later today....

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

Edited by tyrone

thanks fellas, I really appreciate t... I've got most of the rear section done the frame rails running back are a little narrower than I wanted but it'll be ok... thanks for looking and advise comments are welcome...

013-1.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

012-1.jpg

007.jpg