Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Dodge Super Bee

Scottnkat

Well, here's my latest build all finished. This was the MPC Dodge SuperBee. I painted it in Wet & Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer nail-polish. I ran brake lines from the brake master cylinder to all four wheels. I added a fuel line from the gas tank to fuel pump, then to all three carbs. I made a throttle return spring for it, and drilled out six holes in the three carbs to represent the venturis for the six-pack induction. I used a Detail Master distributor kit, and ran the battery cables and heater hoses. The kit was missing a few parts, so I used a part-box transmission, then had to lengthen the driveshaft. I also added a fuel pump and a coil for the distributor, as well as an oil filter. I added pins to the wheels to represent valve stems. I added seat belts to all four seats, and added flocking for the carpeting. I stripped the chrome and re-did it in Alclad. The decals were from the kit. Anyway, on to the pics:

003a_zpsfc984ce7.jpg

004a_zps0f5bb875.jpg

005a_zps9bf01d69.jpg

006a_zpse108a60f.jpg

Here's the engine compartment:

009a_zpsacc2af5d.jpg

Here's the interior:

008a_zps8bac3a3e.jpg

and Here's the Underside:

010a_zpsed64ffd7.jpg

Edited by Scottnkat

Nice push on yourself there. Looks pretty good.

I'm not much of a muscle car guy. I can appreciate them, but I rarely lust over them. There's a handful that are exceptions to that and the '70 Coronet is one of them. That mean-arse stare is just killer. B)