Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Thats looking real good man

BTW, Bill, that alternator looks fantastic!

Are you thinking tunnel ram for the intake?

thanks Earl!!

Hey Alyn, the alt. is from the kit with a pully I made, as far as the intake I'm planning on cramming it all under the hood, so it will be a low profile, hopefully I can get it all under there! , thanks buddy!

so has the body had any work done?

getting really, really hungry for some eye candy here........ im starvin over here Bill! LOL :D :D

im sure that DOC would agree......

cheers

bryan

Jake haven't really done anything to the body yet, I want to get most of the engine completed before I move on, thanks

hopefully have something to post shortly thanks for being patient Bryan!

sense the car will be subject to hot and cold by taking it to shows I wanted to make sure it doesn't come apart just from expansion and contraction, so drilled a hole through the head into the block and threaded the block, using 00-90 screws to attach the heads, between these and a couple drops of CA glue they arent going anywhere! i would hate to get to a show and raise the hood and it be laying there in pieces! not cool!IMG_1190-vi.jpgIMG_1191-vi.jpg

I also started on the intake, the first runners I made were pieces of flat and round tube aluminum, I just wasn't really happy with them, A hemi has square ports so I decided to try and machine the runners so they would be square.IMG_1196-vi.jpgIMG_1197-vi.jpgIMG_1199-vi.jpgIMG_1200-vi.jpgstill working on the plennum, should have some pics up soon, thanks for looking!

Bill......that is some serious talent Sir.........gotta love it!!!!! :)

I can't wait to see where this goes! After all, your last big build was flat-out amazing. This should be stellar at the very least!

Love watching your work, thank you for sharing.

thank you guys so much for checking in on it!! appreciate it!

quick question. How much does the whole piece weigh so far. I know aluminum's light, but it's still gotta be heavier than the original kit engine.

thats a good question Brian, I'm not really sure what it weigh's, kinda curious my self, I'm still adding weight still with the headers and turbos, and a few accy's, it is alot heavier than the kit motor for sure!

Craig, Drew, thanks a million!

thats a good question Brian, I'm not really sure what it weigh's, kinda curious my self, I'm still adding weight still with the headers and turbos, and a few accy's, it is alot heavier than the kit motor for sure!

Craig, Drew, thanks a million!

then is the kit gonna be able to hold the weight without it collapsing?