Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #99 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

I carried these things when I was a 141 driver in the AF and they are heavy (and cool, if you talk the drivers in to letting you inside to make phone calls.....I've only heard about it....not seen it!)...so I am going with real.....remember, those are not "normal" tires you buy at Tire Kingdom.

Mornin Mike-O, Heck Mike, Harry won't be up for a nother coupla hours, so we can jus act stupid till he does! I said real, caz we used to build the chassis/cabs for ALL the Presidential Limos at my plant! In fact, my good freind,Troy Dodd, used to build 'em! Thay come with re-inforced welds, extra floor braceing, an some not so "Factory" extras to make the conversions easier. They're sent to a factory on the East coast to be converted. The same factory makes Hearses too.

Those wheels ARE alloy rims on run flat tires. When they left us, they had no rear doors or trunk lids as they were schueduled for Hearse modification. The Prez's limo's left on a special truck, and were a little heavier built. The reason it may not look like a regular Cadillac is because it's NOT a regular Cadillac! But when they would come back for a visit,YES, even the President's Limo, gets homesick,they'd pull it into the reveiw area,an all the employees would get a chance to see it. Never saw the Prez, but we got to see his ride,all finished up an ready to go. One of the nicer things about woikin at Poletown!

BUT, To get down to buisness, WHA'S UP, Harry? Time ta rise an shine,Handsome! Let's get the show onna road!RoM Brutha? Hit Me Harry, HIT ME!!!!!!( Oh yeah, I hope you slept well.)

Edited by george 53

Interesting how people interpret photographs. Most new car photos are heavily photoshopped. Doesn't make them "models" or "computer models". This one was easy, I remember the buzz when it debuted. I've seen models of previous presidential limos. They're nowhere near as well sorted as the image in the photo Harry showed.

Here's another heavily retouched/photoshopped image of the new limo. It's a heavy duty truck wrapped w/Cadillac sedan looks. It's anything but a normal Cadillac sedan or limo.

obama-limo.jpg

Here's the back:

obama-presidential-cadillac-limousine_2.jpg

Look at how huge it is, and how thick the armored door is:

2009_0218_limo.jpg

And whitewalls? There are few, if any Cadillacs made anymore with whitewalls. It's not the '70's anymore, folks :lol: However, I think they would look appropriate to make the giant truck tire sidewalls look less massive.

I guess we should all do more homework before casting in our votes. I mean, do we just aim blind when we vote for our presidents? No, we research it first. Granted this is just for fun and by no means as important as who our pres will be. But point is, homework first will/should give us better chances of winning!

It would be nice if Harry could at least give us the name of the vehicle in question so we can do our research. Or is playing guessing game half the fun of it?

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to next weeks ROM!

It would be nice if Harry could at least give us the name of the vehicle in question so we can do our research. Or is playing guessing game half the fun of it?

Ok, the name of this one is "Presidential limousine"... :P

But seriously, giving you clues defeats the whole point! It's not about finding the photo I used... it's about looking at the photo and trying to tell, by looking at the photo, if it's a real car or a model. It's about recognizing the visual clues, not going on an internet scavenger hunt. Obviously if you find the same exact photo, you'll know the answer, but that's not really the point of this.

And to echo what Bob said... a CG image is neither a real car OR a model... it's an illustration, and I don't use those here. Yes, the photos I do use are sometimes retouched (not by me), but I try to find "real" photos as much as I can. ;)

Interesting how people interpret photographs. Most new car photos are heavily photoshopped. Doesn't make them "models" or "computer models". This one was easy, I remember the buzz when it debuted. I've seen models of previous presidential limos. They're nowhere near as well sorted as the image in the photo Harry showed.

Here's another heavily retouched/photoshopped image of the new limo. It's a heavy duty truck wrapped w/Cadillac sedan looks. It's anything but a normal Cadillac sedan or limo.

obama-limo.jpg

Here's the back:

obama-presidential-cadillac-limousine_2.jpg

Look at how huge it is, and how thick the armored door is:

2009_0218_limo.jpg

And whitewalls? There are few, if any Cadillacs made anymore with whitewalls. It's not the '70's anymore, folks :lol: However, I think they would look appropriate to make the giant truck tire sidewalls look less massive.

Considering how tall Obama is, that should give that limo at least the same roof height as an unlifted Jeep Cherokee like mine if not more :lol:

Edited by Joe Handley

Moanin Mike, an Bri, just reachin 100 is a milestone bro,don't push it! Who knows how much longer we can browbeat Ol Harry into doin this! Ya know, it's REALLY a few MORE than a hunnert, caz I remember once or twice folks just blurtin out the answer, an Harry had to call it quits for that pic. BUUUUTTTT, If the Ol man WANTS ta keep goin, I'll keep followin along, Cause without RoM I got NO purpose in LIFE!!!! My wife don't need me, my baby is all growed up with a baby of her own,an a son on the way(Sept 17), I get along GREAT with my son-in-law,AND my Big Brudder, But my EVIL, MUCH OLDER SISTERS probly wount miss me atall. HEY, my MOM would (miss me that is) an I woulnt hurt her, so I GUESS I'd have a kinda life. But it'd be ALOT more fun with RoM to look forward to, Soooo, HEY HARRY, wat it gon be like Homie????

HIT ME Brotha, RoM? HIT ME!!!!!!! B):D:D;) Oh, an I hope you slept well!