Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is the new Moebius Models 53' Great Dane trailer kit. I got this kit today, going to do a full WIP for it, I havent seen one on here yet in my search. so might as well do my own.heres a box pic, opened it today and am very pleased with the contents and the instructions and the way it goes together.

post-11229-0-87489800-1357686308_thumb.j

I know, all the excitement for it, all the people saying they were going to by a case of it, so far, not many have been built on here

yeah, i was thinking people would have a few different threads on it but so far none i see, not only that, people are saying price is too high to buy the case they wanted, price is just right when i got mine. also someone told me to do my WIP on here instead of facebook so i did it here.

yeah, i was thinking people would have a few different threads on it but so far none i see, not only that, people are saying price is too high to buy the case they wanted, price is just right when i got mine. also someone told me to do my WIP on here instead of facebook so i did it here.

GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION! :P

I want to get one one of these days. It's the only 53' footer out there. All the others are 40' and 48'. I'm looking forward to seeing this one put together and reading your opinion about it and seeing if there's any pitfalls to watch for.

started last night and this thing is awesome! got the undercarriage together mostly and no problems so far, a couple parts were misnumberd i believe unless i read them wrong but it isnt a problem. going together really good so far. pics to come!

Taking oportunity of this topic, may I ask you guys if could I use this kit in order to replicate the trailler of the truck Optimus Prime from Transformers movie?

in my opinion i would say yes with little modifications. Maybe some other people would say no. But its basically the same platform. A 53 foot reefer same as this trailer imo

• 3 weeks later...

finally got back on here to add some pics, that is if theyre still on my phone, anyway im pretty far along with the trailer, and its going awesome, and will fit together great too. these first couple pics are under the frame and landing gear.

post-11229-0-25106500-1359672957_thumb.jpost-11229-0-82289400-1359672961_thumb.j

these three pics show the undercarriage assembly.

post-11229-0-05401200-1359672925_thumb.jpost-11229-0-49667600-1359672933_thumb.jpost-11229-0-61611500-1359672940_thumb.j

the next one is the assembles undercarriage and main frame and lkanding gear being painted.

post-11229-0-22179400-1359672945_thumb.j

next two are priming the sides of the van

post-11229-0-72433500-1359672948_thumb.jpost-11229-0-72945300-1359672952_thumb.j

this last one is of the finished frame on its own wheels on my t600a frame. t600a will be posted in new thread soon.

post-11229-0-69659300-1359672965_thumb.j

It is a nice kit ,only wish they would have maid an optional tridem axle and side skirts.

Side skirts are super easy to scratch build, I'm working on a set for my trailer. I'm using .030" styrene, 11" long by about 2.25" tall..they mount to the bottom of the chassis with angle brackets and fiberglass bracing

post-11220-0-61781000-1359737593_thumb.j

@bodyguard: your trailer is looking good so far, keep it up

How have you found the fit of the trailer walls? So far, mine has been a right pain in the rear to line up right. I assembled them to the roof, first.

RYAN.

The walls i fit dry befor paint and cut a bit off some parts so theyllfit better. But after paint it will be a different story. At least its a lot better than amt trailer i did lol.

Side skirts are super easy to scratch build, I'm working on a set for my trailer. I'm using .030" styrene, 11" long by about 2.25" tall..they mount to the bottom of the chassis with angle brackets and fiberglass bracing

DSC_0309.jpg

@bodyguard: your trailer is looking good so far, keep it up

thanks! I might make some side skirts for this one, dont know yet.

I know, all the excitement for it, all the people saying they were going to by a case of it, so far, not many have been built on here

Don't worry, it'll pick up! Our people will see it built here and get a taste for it. I have one, I haven't gotten to it yet. It's got a lot of potential, I've got at least 3 versions planned. A stock white dry van with 2 hole wheels, a stock reefer van with the kit wheels and a custom lowered one with spread axles. And probably another with 3 axles. I just don't have the area to store a lot more boxes!

Taking oportunity of this topic, may I ask you guys if could I use this kit in order to replicate the trailler of the truck Optimus Prime from Transformers movie?

in my opinion i would say yes with little modifications. Maybe some other people would say no. But its basically the same platform. A 53 foot reefer same as this trailer imo

I would agree, the reefer unit is correct for Optimus Prime, and from the different views I seen in the movie, I believe they did actually use a Great Dane for that trailer.

Well I 'm not overly impressed with the fit of this trailer for a new kit ! All the pins don't line up the roof and sides do not line up and the front

Panel is so tight fitting ,I had to cut off all the line up pins . But I must say this is one long trailer.