Model Cars Magazine Forum

Water spot '59 Chevy

crazyjim

This '59 is very, VERY, cool Jim. The buckets in the rear are great! The paint is awesome! All around it's one of the best looking customs that I've seen on this site. Nice work. I wish that I had the tenacity that you have to keep up with what I am working on.

Thanks, Mark. I really appreciate it. Once I start a build it keeps going until it's done. I can't put a partial build back in the box and start something else.

l couldn't resist another look, Jim. l believe l recognize that console? l assume you had to do some serious grinding to fit it to the tranny tunnel? Are those also your Nomad buckets? l have to say the whole interior layout is fantasticly beautiful & functional as well!

l couldn't resist another look, Jim. l believe l recognize that console? l assume you had to do some serious grinding to fit it to the tranny tunnel? Are those also your Nomad buckets? l have to say the whole interior layout is fantasticly beautiful & functional as well!

You should recognize the console, Bart. I sent you some. I have sanding drums for the Dremel that matched the transmission hump perfectly, so grinding wasn't so bad. The worst part was trying to keep the drum down the middle of the console. I don't remember where the seats came from. They're my number S8 seats. I just grabbed a couple packages of low back buckets from my resin board.

Jim, your work just keeps getting better and better. I'm gonna have to step up my game at contests if I'm gonna compete with you.

Thank you, Rob. Since you pointed out my painting deficiencies at Jaxcon 2 years ago, I've been trying to improve. Don't worry about competing, it's just fun building and running into fellow modelers.