Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 MOPAR Transporter

This is my 1962 MOPAR Transporter loaded with a new load of 62 MOPARs for the dealership. This is the AITM Dodge CNT kit with a Dodge L 700 doner the trailer is the AMT transporter loaded with 2 Chysler 300 H, a Plymouth Fury and Valient plus the Dodge Dart 440. Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome. Thanks Dan

b3e9019d.jpg

921b80bd.jpg

a769ecd9.jpg

4da93ab4.jpg

dffb38a6.jpg

Really nice set, Dan! I just looked at the Dart in the "Under Glass" section and will be going back to check out the Vakliant. I remember seeing the 300's there recently. Just wondering: Would an up-top for the Fury would make it even closet to the way these cars arrived at the dealership?

I'm planning the same thing with the Revell trailer for a couple of Chevy sets: 1966 and 1969. I'll need to find the appropriate Chevy or GMC tractors for ther builds, but I already have one of the trailers and a line on the other. I have all of the car kits I'll need either already built or on the shelf waiting their turn on my worktable.

Jim, I'm looking into how to make the top for the Fury I have some ideas along the way of making it like I've seen the inside head liners done just need a shell to use as a mold. Check out AITM Dave there is a good guy to order from and he has a GMC 9500 short and long hood. He ships the same day of payment and the quality is very good. You could use something like the Chevy Titian as a donor.

http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/ck25gmc9500shortnose.html

• 8 years later...

While searching for an old build, I ran across this oldie but goodie... It would seem I never commented on it, though... This is a brilliant build...Great job on that old Dodge...Did you bring that one to contest, one year? I can't remember if I, actually saw this one in person...

I don't know why I don't have one of these old car haulers in my collection... Especially, since they've reissued the darned thing... I need to get one... 

6 minutes ago, Mopar - D said:

Thanks JT. You know I don’t remember if this is one of my model shows displays or not. If you look in my Heavy Haul project my picture from Saturday has a picture of this car transporter. 

Yeah, when I was looking at heavy haul, I saw that, and when I was scrolling through old stuff, I saw it, and it reminded me of it...