Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anybody built a model of a bicycle?

Bought this kit a long time ago. I guess I should pull it out and build it. Kind of waiting until I got my lathe. I never liked the spokes. They are out of scale and wanted to turn the nipples so I could do a better job. Well, I guess I am out of excuses for not building it. Thanks for the inspiration. Incidentally there was a Porsche version also.

In 1966, M P C actually offered a Shwinn "Sting- Ray " bycicle on the Chrome tree with their 1929 Model A Woody/ Truck kit . This was subsquently re- released as part of the M P C - A M T buy out in the eighties and ninties. A similar bike was then offered by A M T in their 1965 Buick Riveria "Low- rider " in about 1999. I wasn't aware of other bikes .......... Ed Shaver

Protar produced several Racing bikes in 1/9th scale like a Raleigh, Colnaga, Legnano and a Bianchi. Never saw one built, likely because the spokes were molded in the same rubbery material that the saddle and tires were molded in! MPC did a Schwinn Sting Ray and a 10 Speed Continental, both in 1/8th. MPC also had a Sting Ray in the 29 Model A woody kit. I think it is in the newer AMT releases of the same kit.