Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Germany Ferrari SA Aperta & 599 GTO

• 3 months later...

Why the wait? when they rebox they cut sprue and jam them into our native boxes and stuff has higher chance of showing up broken lol

One word

Cheap :lol:

I really dont know, I burned my self out on Ferrari builds, so I am not really wanting do anymore for the time being, who knows I , I might not wait.

I want the SA more then the GTO

Planning getting both, but I think I will wait tell they US rebox them

At this point, only the 599 GTO is getting the US rebox. I know this because Revell said so. I brought them my Italeri 250 SWB to see if they could clip it into the US Box, but it could not. They RoG didn't make the deal with Italeri anyway.

I still have, unbuilt, a lot of the Italeri Ferraris such as the 275 GTB and GTS, 250 SWB, 250 California, etc. So Revell could actually look at the sprues to see if there were cut points that be used.

On the SA Aperta, since only 80 were (offically) made, it was deemed less desireable to US Box than the 599 GTO. They could always change their minds. But that is where they currently stand.

I also made a case for them to get RoG to do the F12 Berlinetta and Enzo replacement. I know Fujimi is doing the F12, but we saw the quality difference on the 458's. I have a Fujimi F12 on pre-order and will evaluate it when it shows up.

Thats some good info, like I said, I plan on getting both, but I want to get the SA first, then it will be the GTO

Rob, I enjoy a good Ferrari build as well, but I did to many in row, need a break, now if I could get my hands on the 250 California, I would be building that one right away ;)

Rob, I enjoy a good Ferrari build as well, but I did to many in row, need a break, now if I could get my hands on the 250 California, I would be building that one right away ;)

Yeah, I finally got one of those this past summer along w/ the 275 GTB and 275 spyder kits...now if only there was a 1:24th scale kit of the Lusso...

Yeah, I finally got one of those this past summer along w/ the 275 GTB and 275 spyder kits...now if only there was a 1:24th scale kit of the Lusso...

There is a Lusso, but it is resin, costs $170 and needs a 250 GTO or SWB to complete. Not something most folks will go for. And let's not discuss the upcoming Model Factory Hiro 250 Lusso that is likely to be well above $350. Only, if Italeri or RoG would do a Lusso.

There is a Lusso, but it is resin, costs $170 and needs a 250 GTO or SWB to complete. Not something most folks will go for. And let's not discuss the upcoming Model Factory Hiro 250 Lusso that is likely to be well above $350. Only, if Italeri or RoG would do a Lusso.

Yes, I know of the resin ones but that's more than I'm interested in paying..would be nice if RoG would do one (does Italeri even do any new tooling anymore?)

Interesting that the sprues/parts are all pictured on the box top...no excuses when you buy one of these. :D

Wonder if that's an agreement with Ferrari- if you recall a few years back all Ferrari kits had a window so you could see some of the contents inside the box. I've seen a few other Ferrari kits with photos of the sprues on the box.

I got my SA aperta in the mail yesterday,the 599 is still in the mail,do you have any colors in mind to paint them?.I see you preordered the f12 Berlinetta as well,the only thing i don't like about fujimi doing the f12 is the bottom half of the seats is molded to the floorpan,painting them is gonna be a challenge.

I got my SA aperta in the mail yesterday,the 599 is still in the mail,do you have any colors in mind to paint them?.I see you preordered the f12 Berlinetta as well,the only thing i don't like about fujimi doing the f12 is the bottom half of the seats is molded to the floorpan,painting them is gonna be a challenge.

No firm painting ideas yet. On the F12, I would likely cut the seat bottoms out and work from there. And that is assuming RoG doesn't announce a F12