Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom build of progress thread ENDDATE JANUARY 31/09

sdrodder

This thread is made for those who are praticipating to post thier project updates, tips ect. Also is for the people who would like to view the build as after they are done you guys will vote on 2 winners. Enjoy.

Edited by sdrodder

This thread is made for those who are praticipating to post thier project updates, tips ect. Also is for the people who would like to view the build as after they are done you guys will vote on 2 winners. Enjoy.

Cool

Star1.jpg

I'd post more but that's basically all I have done.

Can't wait to see 'em! Thanks fer startin it, Florian ;)

After lookin thru all my kits I picked out a vintage one well in part hahahah since the body was a glue bomb Im using the body from an early 80's issue and using the chopped roof from the vintage kit Model hause caddy caps Amt 40 ford fender skirts, and some 53 buick headlights going for that early 50's leadsled look I think Ill use the caddy mill out of the new merc kit too hope you all like it? this is gonna be a fun build!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

DSC01353.jpg

DSC01354.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

After lookin thru all my kits I picked out a vintage one well in part hahahah since the body was a glue bomb Im using the body from an early 80's issue and using the chopped roof from the vintage kit Model hause caddy caps Amt 40 ford fender skirts, and some 53 buick headlights going for that early 50's leadsled look I think Ill use the caddy mill out of the new merc kit too hope you all like it? this is gonna be a fun build!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

DSC01353.jpg

DSC01354.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

Wh didnt i think of this kit. I have about 5 of them with 2 origionals 1 80s and 2 three windows. The point of this build is to have fun, help others ect. Car looks great. Atleast i have someone who loves old schoo Kustoms too. Mine is a 59 impala with extended fins stretched tailights. Custom grill shave ect. No to mild but not to wild.

Bud Ellis Kustoms

hahahahaha Bob guess you and me think alike dude I can pick another I have plenty to build or for fun we can still build em I know they will be somwhat differant then again who knows? Oh by the way for paint the color will be kandy apple red . We all seem to inspire one another with this great hobbie!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

Edited by kustoms

Aint No back seat drivers for this kustom! Well gang I hacked out the back rumbleseat and I will have a normal style trunk lid insted I just took my dremel and hacked it out them grafted some sheet plastic in its place... Just the first step to a killer kustom stay tuned more to come!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

hahahahaha Bob guess you and me think alike dude I can pick another I have plenty to build or for fun we can still build em I know they will be somwhat differant then again who knows? Oh by the way for paint the color will be kandy apple red . We all seem to inspire one another with this great hobbie!

Bud Ellis Kustoms

Bud Ellis Kustoms

It dont matter if we have 2 of the same cars. They wont be the same anyway. So no worry. CAL u are buildin a 60 ford right? so what tree is missing? Will it set you ack big time or can u work on it. Awbecrazy dont worry i havent started yet either. I had to paint on of my other projects today so all i found and dug out was the kit :blink: So no worry

I WAS building a 61 Starliner. The Chrome, mirrors, bumpers, trim, wheels.... kind of a major hold up. I can work on it but it's going to bother me till it's found and I will soon get to a point where I will need wheels to mock it up - in fact that is what prompted me to go looking for the tree. I didn't realize it was missing when I started. I probably spent the last 3 hours looking in kit boxes, which I thought I pretty much got all the parts in the right boxes. There was a time where my collection was small and I was working or aspiring to work on a bunch of kits at once in college. I moved several times and a lot of times trees just got shoved wherever. It plagued me on my Cobra, which also was missing the chrome tree for three weeks until I found it. During that escapade I though I got everything where it is supposed to go, so far after looking in about 50 kit boxed back from that time period no extra parts in any of those boxes.

I seem to remember once upon a time coming across a military kit with a chrome tree in it, and thinking well that definitely doesn't belong there.

Still no joy and I am running out of places to look.

I WAS building a 61 Starliner. The Chrome, mirrors, bumpers, trim, wheels.... kind of a major hold up. I can work on it but it's going to bother me till it's found and I will soon get to a point where I will need wheels to mock it up - in fact that is what prompted me to go looking for the tree. I didn't realize it was missing when I started. I probably spent the last 3 hours looking in kit boxes, which I thought I pretty much got all the parts in the right boxes. There was a time where my collection was small and I was working or aspiring to work on a bunch of kits at once in college. I moved several times and a lot of times trees just got shoved wherever. It plagued me on my Cobra, which also was missing the chrome tree for three weeks until I found it. During that escapade I though I got everything where it is supposed to go, so far after looking in about 50 kit boxed back from that time period no extra parts in any of those boxes.

I seem to remember once upon a time coming across a military kit with a chrome tree in it, and thinking well that definitely doesn't belong there.

Still no joy and I am running out of places to look.

If you have to start another kit. No big deal but i know what u mean when u are in the middle of something and somethin is missin :blink: Whish i had a 60 ford as i would have sent ya a tree but i only have a 60 impala. but like i said no big deal if you have to start a new kit but i know its a bummer. Kustoms dang that think is nice. Love the model. Love the grill. Will look good when done.

If you have to start another kit. No big deal but i know what u mean when u are in the middle of something and somethin is missin :blink: Whish i had a 60 ford as i would have sent ya a tree but i only have a 60 impala. but like i said no big deal if you have to start a new kit but i know its a bummer. Kustoms dang that think is nice. Love the model. Love the grill. Will look good when done.

Thanks.

I'll keep going as far as I can and hope the it shows up. Man it's got to be here somewhere. I'd hate to think I been looking for something that is still in Mexico :D

Plan B is try and snag one cheap off Ebay, but it looks like they are running about $30 with shipping.

Plan Z is star on something else.

HALT

its my turn

im in the 70's and up class

heres my dodge viper gts street racer

DSCN0886.jpg

DSCN0887.jpg

DSCN0888.jpg

base caot krylon gloss white

second coat duplicolor metal specks silver

third coat krylon metallic red

more to come

I really like the color Evil One keep the pics commin

Bud Ellis Kustoms

:blink: Nutz I'm already behind! :(

At least you probably have all your parts....

bumpers, wheels, door handles, mirrors, aircleaner, fender trim gone...gone...goneski

:)

they are probably still in Mexico. :blink:

bumpers, wheels, door handles, mirrors, aircleaner, fender trim gone...gone...goneski

:)

they are probably still in Mexico. :blink:

I can relate. I ran across the re-issue of the AMT Styline 61 Galaxie.... was the chrome tree in it? Nooo. But I did run across a few candidates. Now which one to do???? :(

:(

they are probably still in Mexico. :)

Cal you might be able to get ahold of Amt Via email and see if they will send you a chrome tree for your starliner explain too them your kit didnt have the chrome tree with it Ive herd of them sending parts before but I dont know at least its worth a try

Bud Ellis Kustoms

Cal you might be able to get ahold of Amt Via email and see if they will send you a chrome tree for your starliner explain too them your kit didnt have the chrome tree with it Ive herd of them sending parts before but I dont know at least its worth a try

Bud Ellis Kustoms

AMT

Quality Control / Missing Parts:

I have a Defective item.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, RC2 does not stock any replacement items or extra parts, or issue refunds or exchanges for any products purchased from retail stores. If you have a product that is damaged or defective in any way, or does not meet your expectations, please return it to the place of purchase for a refund or exchange. If it is not possible to return to the place of purchase, then you may try exchanging the product at a different store/dealer near you that carries our products. Thank you.

I am Missing parts / in need of Replacement parts for my item.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, RC2 does not stock any replacement items or extra parts, or issue refunds or exchanges for any products purchased from retail stores. If you have a product that is missing items, in need of replacement parts, please return it to the place of purchase for a refund or exchange. If it is not possible to return to the place of purchase, then you may try exchanging the product at a different store/dealer near you that carries our products. Thank you.

I have a Damaged item

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, RC2 does not stock any replacement items or extra parts, or issue refunds or exchanges for any products purchased from retail stores. If you have a product that is damaged or defective in any way, please return it to the place of purchase for a refund or exchange. If it is not possible to return to the place of purchase, then you may try exchanging the product at a different store/dealer near you that carries our products. Thank you.

It would be easy to do if it were not a OOP kit.

Edited by CAL