Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spike's Chop Shop

Spike

ill start off with the 59 caddy hearse im workin on,i know i know its not a mopar :P but i LOVE hearses :lol: it started off as a simple snapper ecto1 kit and has turned into a complicated project lol

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

shaved roof

Picture021.jpg

cut the hood off

Picture045.jpg

found the perfect front plate for it

Picture042.jpg

still got a lot of work to do in the engine bay but its gettin there. firewall and radiator support is from a 60 impala

pics007.jpg

cut out the useless wambulance stuff outta the back

pics032.jpg

started workin on this rambler not too long ago too, doin some off the wall custom stuff on this

pics071.jpg

it came with the hole in the hood, sure i coulda takin the easy way out and filled it, but wheres the fun in that? so im makin a clear one

pics072.jpg

pics074.jpg

did the gas tank in chrome

pics073.jpg

and i thought since i was doin a clear hood, why not do the trunk lid too, so to hackin i went again

pics014.jpg

just gotta round out the edge n itll be done

pics015.jpg

BTW anyone have taillights for this thing??

Edited by Spike

nother project im workin on, dodge monaco goon/joker car.

pics004.jpg

pics006.jpg

was thinkin bout makin it a police car but i decided not too

pics022.jpg

since i didnt like the chassis or engine bay, i found out a 70 super bee chassis and engine bay fit perfect, but i didnt have the firewall, radiator support/radiator or a rear axle, so Zuk sent me a parts car 68 road runner that uses the same chassis and engine bay as the 70 be so im using them parts from the RR

pics070.jpg

pics071.jpg

and ive been slangin some plastic today too

pics073.jpg

thanks Zuk. the hearse will probably be done 1st as im buildin it for a buildoff on LIL.

still tryin to figure out exactly what im gonna do on the bomba, its gonna be lime ice green from the testors laqure line, but im not sure if i should do the fenders black or a darker green, and have the motor the same color as the fenders or the main body color, i also wanna add a conti kit, so i gotta figure out what im gonna do there so the trunk will still open, and im thinkin bout opening the doors, but dunno if i will or not and if i do if i should have em open regular or suised,,,so many ideas!! ;):D

and the rambler i think im gonna add t-tops and maybe a 70 super tail panel if i cant find taillight lenses for it.

the drop top gtx will be good build. ive seen the die cast ones but didnt like em cuz of the lack of detail and they dont have the correct rims, i know that could be changed but itd still lack detail

thanks Zuk. the hearse will probably be done 1st as im buildin it for a buildoff on LIL.

still tryin to figure out exactly what im gonna do on the bomba, its gonna be lime ice green from the testors laqure line, but im not sure if i should do the fenders black or a darker green, and have the motor the same color as the fenders or the main body color, i also wanna add a conti kit, so i gotta figure out what im gonna do there so the trunk will still open, and im thinkin bout opening the doors, but dunno if i will or not and if i do if i should have em open regular or suised,,,so many ideas!! B);)

if you gonna do the bomba in that kind of color.... put some fat whites and hubcaps slammed for the custom look.... or go for OG colors on spokes.... :o

ive got the basic plan on how im gonna do it, and i got a chrome one that i had gotten a while back im using for mockups right now. beto has 2 that i want and i think ill use one on the plymouth. i think im gonna extend the bumper mounts and make the filler piece between the body and the bumper bigger so itll fit and look correct or close to it

ive got the basic plan on how im gonna do it, and i got a chrome one that i had gotten a while back im using for mockups right now. beto has 2 that i want and i think ill use one on the plymouth. i think im gonna extend the bumper mounts and make the filler piece between the body and the bumper bigger so itll fit and look correct or close to it

well the ones beto got are more late 50s-90s style.... u want period correct, the AMT 36 ford kit has it included.... even the 37 chevys had a similar style OG rear spare... B)

Edited by rollinoldskoo