Model Cars Magazine Forum

MUD BUG! Gettin' Dirty...Deals Wheels Style! Done: 11-12-12

Ira

BUG SCOOP!!!

I used one of the Supercharger Scoops from a Polar Lights "Willy Wild" for the Roof Scoop on the Mud Bug!

DSCN6607M.jpg

The First coat of Primer!!!

DSCN6624M.jpg

Now I can see what other body work needs to be done...

DSCN6621M.jpg

B)

Loving these wacky builds mate, beats me how you fly though these projects so quick, but I'm loving em :D

Thanks Zac!

Compared to regular scale model cars, most of these Car-Toons Builds have very few parts they are pretty easy builds... B)

HI BLOATATION TIRES!!!

The Front Deals Wheels tires are a different style than the Huge "HI BLOATATION" Tires for the rear.

So I made New "HI BLOATATION" Front Tires, a little smaller than the rears.

I made them from Resin Deals Wheels Tires Inserts, made by fellow modeler Ward Sharke.

I took 2 inserts and cut a 3/8 inch slice from one of them...

DSCN6397W.jpg

Next I glued the 2 Inserts together. Then I cut a strip of sheet plastic for the tire thread.

DSCN6407W.jpg

After the Tire Thread was glued in, I sanded it smooth and sprayed the New Tires with Grey Filler/Primer!

DSCN6628M.jpg

B)

Like this a lot. Can you tell me were the red VW in the back ground with the flared fenders can be found ? I'm looking to build a VW that I could realy use those fenders on. I'm learning a lot watching your build here.

Thanks David!

That VW Body is from Revell's "California Bug" Kit. It has a lot of "Goodies"... :P

Dr. Ira to surgery! Dr. Ira to surgery please! This is real "Plastic Surgery" folks, as performed by one of the best! Non of this "cosmetic enhancement" stuff either. Just full blown, in your face,..."I've got an imagination, and an X-Acto blade, bigger than yours!". You really knock me out with your creativity! I'm curious as to what "head" you're going to fit into this one!

Dr. Ira to surgery! Dr. Ira to surgery please! This is real "Plastic Surgery" folks, as performed by one of the best! Non of this "cosmetic enhancement" stuff either. Just full blown, in your face,..."I've got an imagination, and an X-Acto blade, bigger than yours!". You really knock me out with your creativity! I'm curious as to what "head" you're going to fit into this one!

Thanks for the kind words Mark!

I haven't decided on the driver yet, but I think I will have room for a full interior... B)

• 4 weeks later...

GOT THE HOOD!!!

The Killer Bee VW kit had only a Tarp Cover on the front. I found an extra VW Hood in the Parts Box, so I decided to put a Hood on Mud Bug!

DSCN7524M.jpg

I Carved and Fit the Hood Area untill I got a tight fit on the top edge of the Hood.

DSCN7531M.jpg

Here is the Hood glued in place.

DSCN7535M.jpg

The VW Hood is longer than the shortened Mud Bug front end, so I bent the bottom of the Hood in about 1/4" and attached it with Zap-A-Gap. Then I carved about 1/8" from the bottom edge of the Hood.

DSCN7541M.jpg

B)