Model Cars Magazine Forum

Craig Clements "Head Hunter" : new project 4/16/14

John Teresi

John, what are you using to cust the small sections of alluminum tubing for things like your shock mounts etc? My tubing cutter does not go small enough, and when I try to use other devices I get oblong cuts or cuts that are full of burrs.

Mark………I cut the aluminum tubing with sharp scissors……..I cut the length a little bit longer than I need…….. then I use a file …….and file down to the right length……and I use an exacto blade to de-burr…….. .i`m old school brother…….I don`t have any fancy tools or machines :mellow: …….I just use what I got…….thanks buddy :)

John, there is a lot going on there on the back side of that thing and its all coming together so nicely! Always enjoy watching your WIP's. Maybe I missed it, but what did you use for the ends of the fuel tank? Excellent job so far, really excited to see more progress.

Edited by shucky

John, there is a lot going on there on the back side of that thing and its all coming together so nicely! Always enjoy watching your WIP's. Maybe I missed it, but what did you use for the ends of the fuel tank? Excellent job so far, really excited to see more progress.

Hi Mike…….yes,allot stuff in the trunk……but,that`s what the real 1:1 looks like…….I used 1/8 scale lantern light lenses……..thanks

radiator_zps6f6e52f4.jpg