Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Plymouth GTX build Update 7-28-14 (Under glass)

TFchronos

If you need or want some of that foil, PM me your address, I've got a bunch of it here for future use!

Thank you for the very kind offer, I greatly appreciate it. But this (for now at least lol) is the only build I was planning to do darker lights on. I don't think I would have a good use for any right now. I ended up painting these with some Tamiya Gunmetal Friday. Thank you again Mike, keep on making killer custom tail lights my friend. :)

Jonathan, the GTX looks fantastic, nice work scratching those tailights, that does not look like an easy task

Thank you Jason, it did take a few tries to get them right lol.

Jonathan, absolutely love the dash, where did you procure the gauges? also , taillights, very ingenious!!!!!! how did ya do that? thanks Shaun.s

Thank you Shaun

I found the gauges on Amazon, saved the images, did a little resizing in MS paint and printed them on my printer using card stock paper. For the tail lights I have this sheet of clear plastic I bought years ago that is very flexible. I just cut some narrow pieces and bent them to the shape of the read end.

Here's another update with another modification I'm making. This one is to the front bumper, I didn't like the gap between the grille and bumper, it doesn't match the lower body line or mount very flush to the body either. Plus with its lower stance on the front it does need to be picked up anyway. So that's what this update is about, tightening the bumper up to the body a bit better.

Stock straight from the box. Sorry, I forgot to snap a picture of it on the body before doing this.

Post91_zpsbefd0e6a.jpg

Bumper mount before.

Post92_zps2880af04.jpg

Just cutting out the supports raised it enough.

Post93_zps70c41c99.jpg

Glued back together.

Post94_zpsfde70f84.jpg

Test fit.

Post95_zps8ce04b8a.jpg

Update will be finished off in the next post.

Edited by TFchronos

Part 2

Finished and in place. Having smoothed over the bumpers I decided to move the turn signals under the grille.

Post98_zps9bc63f8f.jpg

Also a look at the tail lights they look darker in the picture than they really are.

Post99_zpsc07aeb05.jpg

And last but not least at the request of Gene, some purple fuzzy dice.

Post96_zps6fd6b566.jpg

Post97_zps9314a6a8.jpg

Thank for looking!

Here's what I've been up to these past few days. Got some engine work done, detailed as much as my skill level will let me. I can't tell you how much respect I have for all you guys that do these ultra detailed photo accurate engines, it's nothing short of extraordinary what you guys do.

Post102_zpsff03fb7e.jpg

Post101_zpsd5f778e9.jpg

Next is a little modification to the exhaust, I chopped off the old turbo style mufflers and made some cherry bombs for it.

Post103_zps73c7484a.jpg

And last but not least are some custom exhaust tips inspired by the C6 Corvette tips.

Post104_zps7b3c1d6a.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hi Jonathan, dont seel yourself short on the quality of your detail work. Your quality of detail is looking on par with anyones to me. Everything I do and have done over the years has been refined through trial and error. And being away from the hobby myself for almost 30,and not having the quality of eye site I did in my younger days, I find it takes me alot longer to detail anything than it used to, and I still have to find new ways to do old tricks lol. And sometimes I find things that I want to do as far as detailing goes, doesnt always find its way from my head to my hands.

Hi Jonathan, dont seel yourself short on the quality of your detail work. Your quality of detail is looking on par with anyones to me. Everything I do and have done over the years has been refined through trial and error. And being away from the hobby myself for almost 30,and not having the quality of eye site I did in my younger days, I find it takes me alot longer to detail anything than it used to, and I still have to find new ways to do old tricks lol. And sometimes I find things that I want to do as far as detailing goes, doesnt always find its way from my head to my hands.

Thank you for your kind words Jim, they mean alot to me.

Jason, the car looks awesome! The exhaust system is very cool, the tips are killer. I've got a '69 Charger R/T I just painted MM Gray Metallic, very close to the color on your car, but not quite as dark. It will also have a black vinly top. Wasn't quite sure how to proceed with the build but I think I might use some que's from this build for inspiration, very nice. It's been fun following along.

Jason, the car looks awesome! The exhaust system is very cool, the tips are killer. I've got a '69 Charger R/T I just painted MM Gray Metallic, very close to the color on your car, but not quite as dark. It will also have a black vinly top. Wasn't quite sure how to proceed with the build but I think I might use some que's from this build for inspiration, very nice. It's been fun following along.

Thanks Gene, sounds awesome, make sure to show it off when it's done. I'm a big Mopar fan so anything related will have my full undivided attention. :D Thanks again for following along and for the fuzzy dice suggestion.

That is one very nicely detailed engine bay in a great looking GTX.

Thank you Dale, much appreciated.

Great detail on the engine and sweet exhaust. Did you make the sparkplug boots? They look great.

Thanks Tommy, the boots come from a USB cable, same with the battery wires.

As soon as the fog burns off I'll get some photos.

Edited by TFchronos

That engine is right up there mate,the color is spot on too!Great job on this build

Thanks Stan!

Here it is all finished and ready to roar.

10501589_508344042644796_604503475464799

10532341_508344285978105_604022816741236

10491083_508344185978115_242990277244040

1508544_508344222644778_5287966713607429

More pictures of in under glass.

To everyone who watched and commented on this build thank you.