Model Cars Magazine Forum

Warren Johnson' Firebird

SignMan22

Starting to build WJ's Firebird Pro Stocker............I read somewhere how to lower the front end but have since "filed" that articel where I wouldn't forget where it was. Does anyone know how to make the stance correct on this Revell model ?...if built straight from the box you could drive a truck under it... Thanks in advance!

You can lower the rear suspension by cutting off a cuple of rings from the molded plastic rear springs. The front can be lowered by cutting off the pins on the front spindles and raising them and reattaching them.

To lower the front, just cut a coil or 2 off the struts and bend the lower control arms up to meet it. Just be sure to cut the same from both sides.

Dan , Checked your models, but was more interested in your 1:1 work. With all that Sportsman lettering you've done I'd thought you would be more into Stock & SS models.

Oh, yea - looking forward to getting my T shirt , love that A/SR on the front.

Wayne , saw a couple of my builds in your photos too, from a couple of GSL's.

Hi Bud...As you can tell I'm really into the Stock Super Stock cars.....I'm sure you noticed some of my client list, there is a lot more than shown on the site...The Roadster was mine as you read about on my site. After I sold the last race car I drove Wally Clark's truck and trailer and traveled with him Boburka, Eshman, Joe Scott, et al ...the whole gang! Lettered tons of S S/S cars...F.J. Smith sends alot of guys my way being so close to the Canadian boarder (Tonawanda, NY / the 409 plant is a rocks throw away...The first car I did for him was his '84 Full size Cutlass B/MP car...All since then! Just finished a '68 HEMI 'Cuda for Wendell Howes...it's a Twin to their Dart but just changed the colors around...got a lot already booked in for the new season. The shirt will go out Monday...Thanks...would love to see more of your models...you are truely one of the best....I saw a couple in East Coast Drag News about a year ago or so....I do some stuff for Dave Bishop too! I'll be updating the website with some more models over the Holidays...it's a bunch of work....re-building a lot of old pro stock kits...interesting note...Dick Oldfield from the Motown Missile fame is a long time friend and neighbor and he gave me his original Missile models....just going to clean them up....he's already made the changes to them when he built them back in the '70's....he's got great stories and pictures....I'd love to build the stuff you do but I'm not much of a scratch builder....wish I had that kind of time but I'm sure you can tell what keeps me buzy...Thanks for the advice on WJ's car....did that last night and painted everything this morning at the shop.....I'll let you know how it worked out, then I'm going to build the Reher & Morrison Firebird with Slixx decals......Thanks again...visit often see you at the drags......Dan