Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need some help/advice

Has anyone here finished the AMT 66 Olds kit ? I have finished the undercarriage and interior but cannot figure out how to slide it into/onto the body. The fan belt and accessories always get in the way. Completely stumped here. Any/all advice appreciated. Thanks /JR

I'll be the first to ask the big stupid question. Some kits are near impossible to build with the engine mounted to the chassis or with the front and rear bumpers/roll pans etc. attached until the chassis is inside the body. Have you followed the instructions well or did you maybe jump the gun a bit and add something that needed to be put off until final assembly. Sometimes it tells you to add the radiator last so that you have clearance room. I'm only asking this as I've done this very thing myself- recently!

Ive built this car, You cannot install the belts until the body is installed due to the molded-in inner fenders. Its a little tricky but it can be done. Put the fan, The belts, The alternator, Etc. all together and carefully install it as one piece. Then install the radiator, The shroud and the hoses. Im pretty sure thats how I did mine. Hope this helps.

Ed

Ive built this car, You cannot install the belts until the body is installed due to the molded-in inner fenders. Its a little tricky but it can be done. Put the fan, The belts, The alternator, Etc. all together and carefully install it as one piece. Then install the radiator, The shroud and the hoses. Im pretty sure thats how I did mine. Hope this helps.

Ed

Thanks for the advice. Makes sense to me. Now to get the belt off without ruining all the detail- pulley's, alternator etc. Ughhh ! /JR

Has anyone here finished the AMT 66 Olds kit ? I have finished the undercarriage and interior but cannot figure out how to slide it into/onto the body. The fan belt and accessories always get in the way. Completely stumped here. Any/all advice appreciated. Thanks /JR

Thank you for the reply. I did follow the directions exactly. That's why I am stumped. It just doesn't work. /JR